Chapter 20

I stood there frozen for a few seconds before I responded to his kiss.
His hands felt warm against my face. I took in the smell of his cologne, it made me want this more.
I stood on my tippy toes, cursing my height right now. He wraps his arms around me pulling me in closer.

As we break apart from our kiss, I stay wrapped up in his arms.
I look up at him and smile. Did that just happen?

"Hey Kaia have you eat....Woahh! My bad, I'm sorry, I should have knocked. Shit" Dani says as she walked in on us.
She used her hand to cover her eyes.

I laugh when I see her covering her eyes as if she hasn't done anything like this before.

"It's alright, darling. I better be leaving now anyway" Ash says to Dani before turning to me.

"I'll see you soon love. Take care"

"Bye" I reply to him, clearly still  mesmerized by what just happened.

After Ash leaves, Dani shuts the door and glares at me.
"I leave you two alone for 5 minutes and look at what I walk in on. What if I left for the whole night? Oh my gosh, Kaia".

I laugh at Dani's seriousness. She reminds me of my mother.

"My god, girl your face is a shade of crimson" she laughs.

"Shut up! Okay? I may be blushing a little, it's just that I wasn't really expecting that sort of thing to happen between us"
I told her.

"How could you not? Girl he's so head over heels for you. If I had a guy like that trippin' over me, I'd grab him. He's a snack".

"I guess so. But I have to be his friend first then get to know him before I can date him".

"It's kinda too late for friends, you kissed!".

I grab my things and walk out to take a shower.

"Later, Dani".

"Kaia wait, we're not done here!" Dani yells as I walk out. 
I like how she wants to know details and talk about everything. It's nice that I've found a good friend like her.

*

When I get back to the room Dani's nowhere to be seen. I walk over to my bed and sit down. On my pillow is a note. It's from Dani.

Gone to grab some dinner for us. Be back soon.
-Dani

I read her note then place it on the side table. I open my history book and continue with my assignment, trying to get as much done to avoid last minute rushing.

Half an hour later Dani was back.
She had burgers, fries and oh my God milkshake.

"Dig in, I know you're hungry. After the day you've had you must be" Dani says before biting into her cheeseburger.

"Don't have to tell me twice" I say as I take a sip of my milkshake".

*******
The next morning:

Dani and I stayed up eating and just talking about life. We exchanged stories about our families and past relationships. It was around 12am when we both decided to call it a night.

I glance at the clock 7:12am.
I look over at Dani's bed and she's not there.
I grab my things and head to the showers. This time I grab my favorite shampoo. It reminds me of home.

I head back to my room as soon as I'm done. Today I decided on something casual to wear. The weather was still the same, chilly.
I go for my white jeans, a sweater and a scarf.