Chapter 77

I walked over and joined Dani and Todd who were busy taking selfies. Elena had disappeared somewhere and it looked like Todd's date had arrived.

I smiled at Ash before taking a seat on his lap once again.

"What did she want? Did she bother you?" He asked, placing a hand on my cheek. I smiled and shook my head,letting him know Yvonne didn't bother me. I can't bring up what she said, true or not. I'll have to get more proof first. Maybe from someone Ash is close to. Someone like. . .James.

"Ahem!" Todd said, smiling at me.

"Yes?" I asked in a high-pitched tone. I knew he was going to introduce me.

"Kaia. You probably remember. ..well--"

"Hey, it's Walter. Remember me?"

"The waiter?" I gushed, clearly suprised.

"Yes, the waiter. Good memory!" Walter said, chuckling.

I stared at Todd, wide-eyed but he only laughed. This guy ay! Who knew?

"Where's Elena?" I asked Ash, who was scrolling through his phone.

"Oh" He responded seconds later, glancing up from his phone. "She's gone out front to meet Rachel. Should be back soon."

⚫⚫⚫

We spent the next hour or so drinking and having a good time. Elena and Rachel eventually joined us, making the place more livelier.

After a few rounds of dancing and Dani's hideous dance moves on top of the table, we sat down and cooled off, each of us with a drink in our hand.

Tonight was great! Being here with everyone, just enjoying each other's company. I never thought about it, but this would be the last time we all see Elena. .for now.  But I'm glad she organized this, and invited us all to farewell her. I'm really gonna miss her. I know Ash will miss her too. They've been inseparable.

"Come on" Ash says, interrupting my thoughts. "Let's go to the bar, James is taking pictures."

I knew he would be here with his camera. That guy never goes anywhere without it.

I quickly stood up and held onto Ash's arm as he led me to the bar. 

"There's my favorite girl!" James bellowed as he saw us approaching him.

"Oy! Watch it!" Ash snapped, pointing a finger at James.

"Fuck! I'm just kidding. Favorite girl to work with" James declares, siding Ash with a smug grin on his face.

"Better" Ash replies with a smirk, satisfied.

"Fuck you" James says, chuckling at him.

I swear, I will never understand their friendship.

"Okay mates, give me some for the camera" James calls out, holding his beloved camera up to take our pictures.

We took a number of pictures, well more than we should have just because Ash wanted to piss James off by saying 'just one more' like five times. Hilarious.

"You two looking cosy" a deep voice calls out from behind us. Ash and I turn at the same time, to see Brody giving us a cheeky grin.

"Mate" He says, going in for a one-sided hug with Ash. I stand there awkwardly, not wanting to look or even speak to him. I don't know why, but he seems scary to me. Yikes.