Chapter 74

Kaia's P.O.V:
I still feel tired from the eventful day and night I had yesterday. From the mall to an incredible evening with Ash to 
an unexpected gift, I'm exhausted. It's past 10am and Dani and I are sitting here at the coffee shop just outside campus, sipping on something hot. Dani looks fresh and bright. I, on the other hand look like I got run over by a stampede of wild animals.

"You got your outfit for tonight?" Dani asks, interrupting my thoughts.

"Yeah. Three to choose from, actually" I replied, thinking back to how mad I was yesterday when Ash bought me all three. Guess I'll just have to expect the unexpected when it comes to him. I smile to myself at the thought of him, earning a kick under the table from Dani.

"Lucky you, girl! I just know you'll look fantastic and can you just stop thinking about your hot boyfriend right now? I'm uncomfortable".

"Oh shut up! You're making me uncomfortable by not mentioning whether you have a guy or not. When are you gonna fill me in, huh? When I'm so old that I'd have a heart attack once I hear the news?" I babbled in between laughs.

"What the hell?" Dani exclaimed before laughing hysterically at my comment.

Half a year has gone by and I've loved every bit of my college experience thanks to this curly-haired goddess. She's a godsend, really. I don't know what I'd do without her silly talk and good advice. Not forgetting her infectious laugh. I hope we remain friends forever. She's a keeper.

"I'm waiting, Dani. Tell. Me. About. Him" I demanded, which only made her blush even more. Ha! She so has a boyfriend. I can tell!

Dani twirls a lock of her hair between her fingers and stares out the window, looking flushed.

"There's not much to say, really" she says in a high-pitched tone. I instantly know there's loads to tell, she's just shy.

"You can start by telling me his name and what he's like, since you're so shy" I mock her in the same high-pitched tone.

"Ugh, fine. I'll tell you" she groans in annoyance.

"Spill" I replied, sipping my coffee.

"His name is West and he plays ball for WCU. He's. ..the guy that I interviewed".

"Ah! I know he's the guy you interviewed. I saw how you dressed, I knew it was for more than a paper" I teased.

"Shut up, Collins!" She said in between laughs. "Anyway, we really clicked and he kind of asked if we could grab coffee. Now we're. ..dating, sorta".

My eyes grew wide as she mentioned dating. I'm so freaking happy for her, I hope she knows that.

"Finally! No wonder you're all fresh and glowing. He's so lucky he's got you, you're perfect" I said to her, holding her hand.

"Aww, Kaia. Stop it! You're too mushy" Dani said, shaking her head. She's trying to cringe but I know she likes sweet talk. Instead she gave me a killer smile.

"We better get going, I have to meet Ash. We have something to discuss" I informed her, finishing off the last of my coffee.

"Hmm, like what? Oh, wait. Do not reply to that, I really don't wanna know details" she replied with a smirk.

"Very funny, but if you must know; it's nothing. ..like that".

"That's what they all say" Dani responded in a sassy tone.