Chapter 27: Part One

After breakfast which was delicious, Ash headed back to his room. He asked me to go with him and just hang out but I lied and said I had stuff to do. I don't.  I have absolutely nothing to do.

I sat on my bed and stared at my study table. I knew I had work to do but I didn't feel like doing it right now. Maybe tomorrow afternoon. Although I should start on my portrait, since it takes time.

Out of all the people that I cared for, I chose to draw Ash.
What am I trying to prove?

I sat down on my bed with my pencils and sketch pad and started drawing. Half an hour had passed and Dani was back from her run. She looked all sweaty and exhausted, I think she also ran up the stairs.

"Good...Morning. ..Kaia" Dani says, trying to catch her breath.
She takes off her running shoes, throws them under her bed and dives on her bed.

"Morning Dani. How was your run?" I asked her, looking down- concentrating on my drawing.

"It was alright. The sun is up so that's a good thing. I was starting to get tired of the cold, girl you don't even know" Dani says before letting out a laugh.

"Yeah. The weather is lovely today" I said, smiling sheepishly.

"Wait a sec, did I miss something? Because when I left you were considering isolating yourself and changing rooms. Now you're talking about the weather and sketching a picture of... is that Ash?" Dani says wide-eyed.

"Well, you missed one tiny winy thing. Ash sort of came over and brought breakfast" I said shyly, still looking down at my work.

"What?! Oh my goodness girl that's what I'm talking about! Yessss!" Dani says clapping her hands loudly.

"Okay okay tune it down, we had breakfast and that was all, he went back to his room. Now if you'd excuse me, I have a sketch to complete" I said to Dani.

"Mm hmm.. Okay okay!" Dani says, laughing at me.

"I'm glad you find me funny!" I yell out as she leaves the room to go shower.

I worked on my sketch for a total of two hours. Dani's gone out to meet Jason. She won't be back till later. I set my pencil down and clicked my knuckles, my hand was starting to go numb. I wiggled my fingers to try and get rid of the tingly feeling.
I stood up and stretched my arms, my neck was also starting to ache from being in the same position for that long.

Just as I finished stretching, my phone began to ring. I walked over to my bedside table and picked it up. It was a number I didn't recognize. I swiped to answer and put the phone to my ear.

"Good morning, I'm calling from Coastal Cars & Co, may I speak to Miss Collins,please?".
The female on the other end of the line said. I didn't recognize her voice but I gasped when she said Coastal Cars&Co.

"Yes, this is Kaia Collins speaking. What would you like to speak to me about?" I asked her in a serious tone. I was anxious to know what this was about.

"Okay Miss Collins, I'm calling in regards to your car which was purchased in installments by your father".

I paused and listened to what she just said.

"Alright, so what about the car then?" I asked her.

"I'm sorry Miss but we have sent someone down to West Coast University to take the car off you due to your father backing out of payments early yesterday".

I don't believe what she just said. My eyes grew wide in shock. That doesn't sound like something my dad would do, just stop making payments. And for my car, he practically gave it to me as a present.

"Okay, I'll clear out my stuff then" I said in a low tone.

"Thank you Miss Collins, someone will be there to pick up shortly. Have a productive day. Goodbye".

"Yeah. You too. Bye" I said.

This can't be happening. I have to call home right now.

I head downstairs with an empty box to put all my stuff in. It hasn't even been a month with this car and it's going again. Can today get any worse? Yep. I bet.

I unlock my car and sit inside it with the door open. I dial our home number and wait while it rings. On the third ring Ally picks up the phone.

"Hello, Collins residence".

"Ally it's me, Kaia".

"Oh hey sis, what's up?" Ally says cheerfully.

"Ally is everything alright there? Where's mom?" I ask impatiently.

"Mom's busy in the garden. What's wrong?" Ally asks.

"The car company just called and they're taking the car away. Dad hasn't been making payments" I tell her.

"Um Kaia I think it's best if you come home soon and talk to mom" Ally tells me and right now I'm as confused as ever.

"Allyson Collins! What the hell is going on there?!!" I demanded to know.

"I have to go Kaia. Love you. Come soon" she says before hanging up on me.

I can't believe it. What the actual f**k? I cursed. Oh shit. Gotta stop that.

I put all my things into the box. My USB,CD's, baby wipes, spare clothes, sunglasses and my favorite strawberry freshener.
I got out and went to the backseat. I threw out all the empty takeaway boxes. Next was the trunk where I keep all my art supplies. Where am I going to put this stuff now.
I sigh loudly as I put all my sketch books into the box. Some blank canvases and all my brushes. Good thing my paint and pencils came in its own metal box so it was easy to take out of the car.

Soon as I was done I put the box down on the first step and wait for the sales agent to arrive.
After 15 minutes a girl in a grey suit showed up in a cab. She walks up to me and shakes my hand.

"Hi, I'm Victoria. I'm here for the car" she says to me. She looked and sounded so professional. I stood there blankly like an idiot as I handed over the keys to her.

"Have a good day Miss" she calls out before opening the door and sliding inside.

I look at the papers that she handed me, it had the date that my dad began payment and how many payments he had missed. Looks like he missed a few before they notified him that they were taking the car back. What a day.

I took my stuff upstairs and sat on the floor. I sat and sat for what felt like forever. All I could think of was how Ally was acting on the phone. She was cheerful but as soon as I brought up the car she suddenly changed. I don't know what's going on, we tell each other everything. Well, at least I used to think we did.

Life Of Kaia (Complete)जहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें