Chapter 29

Ash's P.O.V:
Woke up to the sound of my phone buzzing loudly inside my jeans pocket.

I rub my eyes and take in my surroundings. I'm sitting outside Kaia and Dani's room, leaning against the wall. I must have fallen asleep waiting for her to show up. Memories from last night flood through my mind. I remember Kaia seeing me with Yvonne. The hurt in her sad grey eyes is a sight I will never forget. The least I can do now is say sorry. I don't think she would want to hear the real reason behind my f**k-all moves.

I pull out my phone only to see Yvonne calling me. What the fuck does she want now? I don't bother answering her call, I let it go straight to voice-mail.

I stand up and turn to face Kaia's door. She must be inside by now. It's lunch time and she's not the type to not arrive home.
I knock on her door several times before waiting for her to open it.

After a minute I try again. Maybe she's still asleep.

"Don't bother knocking Ash, she's not inside" a voice calls out from down the hallway.

I turn to see Dani, still in last night's outfit. She's walking towards their door but her eyes were fixed on mine, and not in a good way.

"Dani, I'm so glad to see you. Where's Kaia?" I ask her politely.

"Why, Ash? So you can break her heart all over again?" Dani spat.

Great! Now Dani's having a go at me, like I don't already feel like shit myself.

"I know you'll never believe another word that comes outta-"

"You're damn right!" Dani cut in angrily.

I sigh and run my fingers through my hair.

"All I want to say is that I'm sorry. Please Dani! Just tell Kaia that I'm sorry. That's all" I plead with her.

I'm also hurting inside. And the thought of not seeing Kaia again makes my insides weak. I feel like I've lost a part of me. The best part.

"So you're aware that what you did was stupid and it hurt my very, very dear friend?" Dani said, pointing a finger at me.

"Yes I know! I'm an idiot but I did it because I had no choice. I know you won't believe me but it's true" I said to her.

Dani didn't speak, she just stood there with her arms crossed in front of her.

"I'll see you later Dani" I said before heading back to my room.

I shut the door behind me and lazily walked over to my bed. I removed my shoes and lay back, staring at the ceiling.

I wonder where she is. I wonder if she knows that I still adore her, even if I've broken her. I will always care for her-- but I have to accept that she won't care for me now, not after what I did.

I'm suddenly filled with rage over the fact that I didn't have another choice. This is all Yvonne's doing. I lost my Kaia because of her. That b***h!

With one swing of my hand I knocked my lamp off the night stand. It shattered into a million tiny pieces all across the floor. I didn't give a shit, nothing meant anything to me anymore. I had lost the only person who saw any good in me.

I repeatedly kicked my night stand until the cheap-ass wood broke into pieces. The pain in my right foot is nothing compared to how I feel inside.

I kept thinking of how hard I had to try to get her to finally go out with me. All that gone down the drain. My body was filled with rage and hate towards Yvonne and my father. I did it for him and it hated that!

I took my fist and slammed it through the wall repeatedly creating a nice hole almost the size as my head. I'm probably going to pay for that later, I don't fucking care anyway. I could torch this whole room and not feel a fucking thing.

I sat down on the floor hopelessly and wished I could go back 24 hours. I would still have Kaia's pretty face in my life. I would still be happy. But that's not possible, and that's what bugs me. I'm no good at all. Everyone around me gets hurt one way or another. Maybe I really was meant to turn out just like my dad.

I hear my door creak open and suddenly shut. Shit, I forgot to lock it.

"Yo mate! You here?" The person calls out.

I know who it is, I just don't feel like seeing him or answering him. I sit here and stare at the floor.

"Dude! What the hell happened here?!" Brody asks in surprise as he sees the condition of my room.

"None of your bloody business Brody, now leave me the fuck alone!" I spat.

"Get up asshole! Let's get you outta here" Brody says as he attempts to pull me up from the floor.

I stand up willingly and push him off me. I don't need any fucking help.

"That was a real shit thing you did to Kaia, mate" Brody tells me, as if he's a loyal bastard himself.

"You're one to talk! Last time I checked you were worse than me so shut your mouth" I said to him, looking him straight in the eyes.

"Whatever bro, I'm just saying. She's a good girl" Brody says raising his hands in mock surrender.

I look at him with an annoyed expression on my face. This fucker thinks he can come here and talk to me about Kaia, MY Kaia.

"You know nothing about her! So just stay out of this!" I yelled at him.

He looks at me with a smirk now on his face. I hate this guy.

"I may know a thing or two about your precious Kaia now, since I'm practically dating her best friend" Brody says.

"Get out!" I said to him, pointing at the door.

"Get your shit together, you're coming with me Ash" Brody says, walking to the door.

He stands there waiting for me to get my jacket. He's acting just like my ass-of-a-father right now and I fight the urge to punch him right in the face. Cunt.

I grab my jacket, put on my shoes and ask him where we're going.
I look like shit but I don't care. It doesn't matter.

Brody steps outside and turns to face me.

"We're going to see the old gang" He says, smirking at me.

I put my jacket on, run my fingers through my hair to put it back in place and step outside. I lock my door and walk down the hallway.

"Let's go".