Chapter 78

Sunday, 10:44pm
"So that's it?! You're just going to leave me? Huh?"

"I'm not leaving you, I'm just. ..I need some time away. Okay?"

"That's the fucking same as leaving! You're breaking up with me. You think I'm stupid?! That I don't know what the fuck you're doing?!"

"Let me go, Ash!"

"No. You were supposed to stick by me, guide me!"

"Well I can't!"

"You wanna leave?! Fine! Leave! Fuck off!"

》 × 》 × 》 × 》
》 × 》 × 》×
》 × 》 × 》
》 × 》 ×
》 ×》
》 ×

EARLIER THAT EVENING

Ash's P.O.V:
Sunday, 8:35pm
I booked a suite for us at The Waterfront last night. Kaia had no idea where we were going and it was fucking funny watching her guess so many wrong places. She was tipsy as fuck, dancing and singing in my car. I fucking loved the way she moved and how she thought her singing was crap. It was beautiful to me, anyway. So what she said didn't matter.

I wish we could do it all again. She made me feel so full of life and relaxed.

I'm nothing without her.

She's like the sun shining down on my fucking dull self.

I need her. To live, to breathe.

I'm pulled back to reality when I lose focus outside the huge window and begin staring at my hopeless brother.

"So you're really doing this, yeah?" Axel asks me for the fifth time while straightening up my suit for me.

I roll my eyes and sigh loudly at this dumbass. Of course I was really doing this.

"You're an idiot. Has anyone ever told you that?" I ask, tilting my head and looking at his stressed out face.

"Fuck you" He replies, shoving at my shoulder.

I chuckled a bit and wiped my sweat with the back of my hand. Didn't know I was this nervous.

"Damn. Well how is this going to play out? You ask her to--"

"For fucks sake, Ax. I'll ask her to move in with me. I don't need to bribe her or anything"

"Into your dorm room? Ha-ha, how romantic" Axel teases.

"No, you moron" I growl. "I've been looking at some flats. There's a nice place by the waterfront. Kaia would love it" I let him know, downing my glass of scotch.

"In that case, good luck" Axel says with a smug look, tapping my shoulder on his way out. I hated hanging with my brother but his place was closer to campus so I thought I'd get dressed here. I also kinda needed the prick to fix my suit for me.

I put down my glass and take a seat, careful not to mess up my suit too much. I hate dressing up. I'm just doing this for my angel. Just as I get around to pouring myself another drink to calm my nerves, my phone begins to buzz. It's her. Looks like it's time to go pick her up. I hope everything goes well tonight. With this fundraising shit and me asking Kaia to move in with me. I'll be fucking gutted if it ends badly.