Chapter 19

Kaia's P.O.V:
I walk to the door after I hear someone knock.
I'm a little confused when I see Elena outside my door instead of Ash's.

"Um hey Elena, come in", I say to her and she slowly steps inside.
The look on her face is different. She looked sad or worried, one of the two.

"Is everything okay?" I ask her and she shakes her head in response.

"Kaia, I have to tell you something important".

"Okay then just say it", I replied.
I'm anxious to know what is going on.

"I might have told the wrong person about you and Ash. I can explain everything Kaia".

I cut Elena off after she said explain. I knew this was about that girl at the Café. Maybe Elena isn't the good friend I thought she was.

"Look, Elena it's okay. If this is about that girl at the café I got the message. I'm not even attracted to Ash, so she shouldn't have a problem. I'll stay away".  

"You don't have to, Kaia. Yvonne is a total b***h, she took advantage of Ash's kind heart, he even wanted to date her at first-- she said yes then slept with Jimmy on the same night. Now she's showing up at Ash's place thinking they're together, it's sickening".

The way Elena is telling me all this, I feel like I want to believe her. But she was the one who told Yvonne about me in the first place. Maybe I should just watch my back when I'm with her, just till I know I can fully trust her.

"Alright! I get it now. She's crazy".

Elena lets out a laugh and runs her fingers through her hair. Her long black hair looked silky and smooth.

"I like your hair" I say to her.

She smiles. Obviously appreciating what I just said.

"Are we good?" She asks.

"Yep, we are" I reply.

*****

After Elena left I lay down on my bed and think of the eventful day today had been.
My first day and it's already got a bit of drama in it. This is so not me.

It's late afternoon now, I look out the window and see the sun setting. It looks so beautiful from here. I still miss home though.

I pull out my phone and decide to call Ally and fill her in with all the details from today. Another reason was that she never replied to my text earlier so I wanted to see what was up with her.

Ally was happy to hear from me. She told me she missed me dearly. I almost cried when she said that.
She told me about how she hates her new Math teacher and how Lisa's got a car now.
It felt like so much had happened already and it has only been two days since I left.
After a good half an hour catchup we said our goodbyes with the promise that we would meet up soon.

Just as I hung up the phone, in walked Dani.

"Hey girl!" She says before diving on her neatly made bed.

"Tired?" I ask.

"Very", she replied nodding her head.

Dani stayed lying down in the same position for the next 15 minutes while I sat on my bed going through assignments.

"I'm so exhausted but I have to go shower. Why can't we have a shower in our room like the third floor?" Dani says standing up and walking towards her closet.

"They paid extra for that shower, Dani".

"Oh, my bad, maybe we could hook up with some guys on the third floor so we can use their shower" Dani suggested.

We both stayed silent for a few seconds before bursting out in laughter.

"I'll be back" Dani says, heading out the door.

"Okay" I reply, before concentrating on my work again.

I hear Dani speaking to someone in the hallway. I wait for her to shut the door but she doesn't.
I stand and walk to the door,  I peer outside and see Dani speaking to Ash.

"You better behave boy, that's my room too" she says to Ash before heading to the showers.

Ash turns around and looks at me. He gives me a shy smile. Maybe it's because of what Dani said to him.

"Can I come in, love?" He asks politely enough.

"Sure" I say, stepping aside to let him in.
I shut the door and walk over to my bed. Ash sits on Dani's bed probably with her permission.
He's dressed casually in his usual black jeans and t-shirt.

"So how was your day?" He asks me. He's looking right at me. His green eyes never leaving mine. I felt a lump form in my throat and I swallowed to try and get rid of it.

"It was alright, I guess. Only had two classes--- I'm sorry was there something you wanted to talk about?".

He quickly adjusts himself and sits upright.
"I wanted to talk about Yvonne, I just want to explain".

I stand from my spot on my bed and glare at him.
"I don't want to talk about her. Elena's explained everything to me".

"She has?" He says, clearly surprised. He's now on his feet as well.

"Yeah she has and I will tell you the same thing I told her".

At this point I'm done for the night. I just want to take a shower and curl into a ball and fall asleep.

"I don't want to add fuel to the fire. I will stay away from you Ash. I mean it".

"Kaia. Please. Don't".

He moves a step closer leaving little to no space between us. I can feel his body warmth.
My head is dropped and I'm focusing on the ground. I can't look up. I just can't. 
If I get lost in those jade eyes I'm afraid I won't find my way out.

My heart beats like crazy when he brushes strands of hair away from my face.  He tucks a piece behind my ear and lifts my chin up to look at him.
The moment my eyes lock with his I'm done. I feel like jello again. A hopeless pile of jello melting on the floor.

"Never say that again".

"Say what?" I'm sorry I'm melting.

"Don't say you'll stay away from me. Kaia. From the first time I saw you I craved seeing you again. It's fate that we're both here so please don't throw this away. I'm a complicated person but I wanna make it easy for you".

He places both hands on the sides of my face and leans in to kiss me.