Chapter 49

Kaia's P.O.V
I drove Ally to school this morning on her request. As I drove by my old high school, memories flooded back to my last year here. Marissa and I were inseparable, up until we parted for college. As Ally got out of the car, I waved at my old English teacher who was making her way inside. She still looked the same, only difference was the huge stomach. She was glowing, by the way.

After drop off, I drove over to Marissa's house. I don't know if she would be awake right now but I just wanna see her.

I pull up outside the big iron gates, got out of the car and walked straight to her front door. Her house still looked the same. I remember all the sleepovers and camping trips we had together. I missed Marissa so much.

I knocked on her door and waited for someone to answer. Few seconds later, her mom opens the door and a wide smile played across her face when she saw me.

"Good gracious, dear! Come here!" She said, pulling me in for a hug.

"You look well Mrs.Samuels" I said as she hugged me tight.

"You look so beautiful, Kaia" she said, smiling at me.

"Is Marissa here?" I asked.

"Yeah, she's in her room" Mrs.Samuels says as she shuts the door.

"Head on up dear".

I walk slowly up their long staircase. I remember every part of this house as we spent a lot of time running up and down these stairs.

I knock on Marissa's door and wait for her to unlock it. She takes a while to open it. I knock again and the door suddenly opens.

Marissa stood there, her hair was a mess, she had smudged makeup and she was dressed in only a huge t-shirt.

"Um. ..hi" I said, taking in her appearance.

"Hello" she said, before staggering back to her huge bed.

I don't say anything, I just walk in and look around her room. It looked the same, except for the huge amount of party clothes on the floor. Looks like she's been going out a lot lately.

"What are you doing here?" Marissa asked, and I was abit surprised at her tone. Did I upset her somehow?

"I just came by to see you. You didn't tell me you were here, I've been wanting to hang out" I said with a smile.

"Well I've been busy, okay?" She snapped.

"I'm sorry Marissa but did I upset you?" I asked her, tired of her being mean to me.

"No, just get out, okay?" She snapped, pointing at the door.

Wow. We have never fought this bad before for her to chase me out of her room. I could almost burst out in tears.

"What did I do?" I asked desperately.

She stood up angrily from her bed and stood only a few feet away from me.

"It's what you didn't do, Kaia!" She spat.

I looked at her with tears welling up in my eyes.

"What are you talking about?" I asked her, on the verge of crying.

"I don't know why I'm even your friend, Kaia. You always have to steal the spotlight. Even when there's none, you make it all about you. The Kaia Show!" Marissa said, opening the door to let me out.

I stand there and look at her. I don't recognize who this person is.

"Marissa, I'm sorry for whatever I've done to hurt you" I said, trying to hold back the tears.