Chapter 37

Ash's P.O.V:
"What are you doing here? If you wanted to see me I would have gladly flown over, you didn't have to come all this way" I said.

"Nonsense darling! I haven't traveled in a long time and I wanted to get out of the house, I also came to talk to your father about taking you back with me".

"Mother please!" I said in a hushed tone.

Mum looks over her shoulder and finally realises that I have someone in my room. Is she really getting that old?

"Oh my, who is this pretty little thing, Ashton" mum says, walking over to Kaia.
I hope she doesn't scare her off. My mother has a tendency of doing that sometimes.

Kaia has a pleasant smile on her face. I bet mum will love her. She's always talking about how I should find a good girl to settle down with.

I walk over and stand by Kaia's side, ready to introduce her to mum. Kaia squeezes my fingers. Nerves, maybe?

"Mother, this is Kaia Collins. My girlfriend".

Both mum and Kaia's eyes go wide with shock and I just stand there smirking my butt off. Looks like I dropped the bomb on both of them.

"It's so nice to meet you" Kaia says, holding her hand out to shake mum's.

"You too darling" mum says as she shakes Kaia's hand. She then pulls her in for a hug.

I can tell Kaia's feeling weird right now, judging by the look on her face.

As Kaia pulls away from mum's hug, she turns to look at me.

"Ash I'm gonna head to my room now. Text me later" she says and I want to fucking die, I wanted her to spend the night with me. Urghh mother you ruined everything.

"Okay, see ya babe" I said and she blushed like crazy. I love how she acts sometimes, her smile alone turns me on and having her blush because of me-- it's a crazy feeling.

After Kaia leaves, I shut the door and take a seat on the couch with mum. She still looked the same as she did 4 years ago. I just realized I hadn't seen her in 4 years. That's fucking long, I'm ashamed of myself.

Mum looks around my small room then looks at me with a smile. She has aged a bit, but she still looked the same as she did when I last saw her. Beautiful.

"Mum, sorry I couldn't visit. Dad kept me on a tight leash, always having me do things for him, sell drugs for him" I said, bowing my head.

"It's perfectly fine dear, I'm here to see you now. And hopefully take you back with me. First I'll have to fight your dad for you" she said.

All these years all I ever wanted to do was take off to mum and never come back. I'd still like to go now, but the thought of being away from Kaia, I don't think I'll be able to bear it. I might go insane.

"You won't have to fight dad, he doesn't care about me anymore. We hardly talk, it's been almost a year" I said, looking in her eyes.

Her green eyes looking back at mine are like a reflection of my own. I'm glad I got her eye color, unlike my elder brother Axel who got dad's.

"What happened between you two? He was supposed to be taking care of you" mum said, there was a hint of disappointment in her voice.
Nothing new there, dad was always a disappointment to us.

"Well since you asked, we hardly talk because I refused to do anything more for him and his business. Now he just uses Brody" I spat.

Our conversation is interrupted when mum's phone begins to ring. She pulls it out of her handbag and answers the call.

Few minutes later she hangs up and turns to face me.

"I have to leave son, I have an important meeting. Do you mind picking up your dear brother from the airport?" She asked, getting up from the couch.

My eyes grew wide in shock. What the fuck is he here for?

"Fine. What time?" I asked, rolling my eyes.

"7am, tomorrow morning. And Ashton- please be on time, you know he likes to stray away. Don't let him, he's gotten himself in so much trouble already" mum said sternly.

She speaks of him as if he's a little kid when he's a grown ass man who just likes to ditch his mother everywhere they fucking go. Prick!

"Okay mum" I said, walking her out of my room.

"Love you Ashton" she says, giving me a big hug.

"Love you more mum" I replied.

Mum writes something on a piece of paper and hands it to me.

"Where we'll be staying. Drop Axel there and you bring Kaia over for dinner tomorrow" she says in a serious tone.

"Um okay" I said before watching her leave. I quickly shut the door and dived on my bed.

I closed my eyes and thought about the eventful day I had today. It was 8:11pm now, Kaia must be buried in school work.
James must be moping over my girl's pictures and the rest of the gang must be high as fuck. The usual.

I turned on my side and hugged the pillow beside me. It smelt like Kaia's pretty blonde hair, it smelt like strawberries. God she's adorable. Even up to her hair products.

I lay there happy that things are good between us now. I kept my eyes closed and eventually I drifted off to sleep. What a day.