Chapter 41

Kaia's P.O.V:
So this is what it feels like to have your heart broken repeatedly. It fricking sucks, and it hurts. It really hurts. I feel physically sick.

"..Kaia!. .. Hey?  ...Kaia!!"

"Oh! Sorry, I must have zoned out. I'm sorry, continue".

"As I was saying, I think it's time I take you back, it's 12 midnight darling".

I look down at my lap. My fingers are fiddling with the sheer part of my dress.

"I don't want to go back. Take me wherever you're going. I don't want to see Ash ever again, and I know for a fact he'll be waiting outside my room".

"Alright. But I'm pretty sure you won't like where I'm going" He says with a wink.

"Oh, eew! Where are you going?" I said in a tone of disgust.

"Heaven" He replied.

"Okay that's just gross. Enough talking about that" I laughed.

"Just wanted to make you laugh, gorgeous" He said.

"Thank you" I muttered, smiling at the ground.

"Get your ass up, we're leaving" He said, pulling me up.

I didn't know at first where we were headed to but it's recognisable now, we were at the apartment complex that James lived in.

I remembered the way up to his room. Looks like Axel knew it too. He's probably been here before, of course.

James opens the door for us with a sympathetic look on his face.

"Hey guys, come in" He said with a small smile.

"Thanks, mate-- for doing this" Axel said to him.

"No problem. Kaia's a friend now" James said and it kind of made me smile.

James led Axel and I to his spare room, which was right inside his studio space. It was a simple room, with a night stand and big heavy curtains. I'm guessing James likes stripes, the whole bedding was covered in blue and white striped covers.

"Thanks again James" I said, giving him a hug.

"Look after her Axel" He said before turning on his heel and heading to his room.

I shut the door and dropped my clutch purse on the night table.

"Nice room" I said, taking a seat on the big comfy bed.

"Nice view" Axel said, drawing the curtains open to reveal the outside.

"Oh my! It's beautiful"  I said, standing up and walking towards the huge window. The night lights were absolutely breathtaking.

"Better get to bed, darling" Axel said, touching my hair.

I didn't flinch when he touched my hair.  I didn't feel uncomfortable as well. It was weird, usually I would move away. But right now, I didn't feel like doing that.

"Will you stay?" I asked Axel, as he continued to run his fingers through my hair.

"Yeah. If you want me to" He answered.

"I would" I said in a low tone.

I removed my shoes and placed them neatly by the night stand. I climbed on the bed and pulled the big duvet over me. It felt so soft against my body.

I lay down and watched Axel. He slipped off his shoes, placed his phone on the night stand and went to the bathroom.

He moved so gracefully, so swiftly. He was much taller than Ashton and he looked a bit older than him, maybe 2 years or so.

He emerged out of the bathroom without his shirt and I quickly covered my eyes with my hand.

"What the fuck?" Axel asked, slightly puzzled with my actions.

"Um. Hang on, I'll turn the other way" I said, rolling over to my right side to face the wall.

"Am I really that bad looking?" Axel said seriously.

"The opposite actually" I muttered.

"I heard that, pretty lady!" Axel said, chuckling.

"Well. Goodnight Axel, hope you enjoy your sleep on the floor" I said with a laugh, tossing a pillow at him.

"Ha ha" Axel said sarcastically.
"I'm going to lay right next to you darling. Covers and all".

*****
Ash's P.O.V:

I feel like crying my eyes out. Once again I'm left with Kaia walking out on me without a word. I wonder where Axel had taken her to, and if she's okay. I just want her to be safe. That asshole Axel better not try anything with my girl. If she even is still my girl.

I chased Yvonne out of the house after what happened. She was crying but I didn't give two fucks. She has caused so much pain between Kaia and I. I hope she just fucking disappears.

As for mum, I now know that she doesn't like Kaia and that inviting Yvonne over was a way of pushing me in her direction.
I swear if Kaia never speaks to me again, I will never forgive my mother! Why would she want me to be with a hoe like Yvonne anyway? Fuck this.

I trashed her lovely house before I left. Knocking over every precious vase that held fake flowers. All fake! Just like my mum! She can't even be happy that I've found someone great for me. She had to fucking ruin it the first chance she got. If it wasn't for Shawn, I would have done much worse. I was hurt. So hurt.

I sat in my car and tried to call Kaia. She switched her phone off. She probably won't talk to me anyway.

I gulped down half a bottle of whiskey during my drive back to campus. It's been ages since I drank and it felt good having that old burning feeling inside. I don't fucking care anymore. Nothing ever goes well with me. I've never had anything to call mine. Except for Kaia, and now even she's out of my reach.

I sit on the floor in my room and think of her pretty face. I could almost cry thinking about how I'm probably not gonna see her again or lay with her. Smell her sweet scent or kiss her again.

My happiness is only momentary. One way or another it has to end and I hate that.

I will find her and I will beg her not to leave me, even if I have to kneel in front of her asking for forgiveness. I can't lose her. I won't. Not this time.

*******
A/N:
What do you guys think about this chapter? And what about Axel?

Thanks for reading! xoxo