Chapter 54

"I'm freaking exhausted!" Dani exclaimed as I unlocked and pushed open our door.

"My neck hurts" I said lazily, dropping my bag and plopping onto my bed. Finally I could relax after that horrible ride back. I swear Todd drove straight into every pothole on purpose.

"I enjoyed myself alot" Dani said, kicking off her sneakers and laying back on her bed.

"Aw I'm glad you did" I replied with a smile. I was nervous she wouldn't like my home but I guess I was mistaken.

"Now if you don't mind, I'd like to go to sleep. Todd was a pain this morning. It took everything in me not to throw him down the stairs. Seriously!" Dani ranted and I burst out laughing.

"Same, Dani. Same" I replied, feeling sleepy myself. My eyes were getting heavier the more I relaxed myself. In a few minutes I had drifted off into a deep sleep.

**

If it wasn't for my phone's pathetically loud buzzing, I would have slept longer.

"Urghh!" I groaned as I rolled over to pick it up.

I swiped and put it straight to my ear, not knowing who I was talking to.

"Um. ..hello" I said sleepily into the phone.

"Hi, Miss Kaia- it's James".

I opened my eyes and suddenly remembered why James would want to call me. Shit. I totally forgot.

"James. ..I'm so sorry I forgot to call you. I've been busy with my family" I said, truthfully. I feel bad though, for not taking time out to call him.

"Oh, that's fine. I really just need your answer, that's all" He said cheerfully.

I sat up in bed and raked my fingers through my hair. I was kind of nervous about what I was getting into.

"It's a yes, James" I said seriously. Still nervous inside.

"Oh that's great! I knew you'd come through. Say, can you meet me in an hour at Cardo's? We need to talk about the shoot" James asked.

"Sure but you'll have to pick me up, I don't have a car" I said, hoping he'd consider postponing this meeting because I'm drained right now.

"Fine, I'll come get you in a cab. Classy enough?" James joked and I chuckled like an idiot.

"Better than a bike, to be honest" I said before hanging up.

Great! Now I'll have to shower and dress up. Crap.

I crawled out of bed and walked towards my closet to find something to wear. After I opened it and stared at my outfits, my eyes began to droop and I was falling off to sleep again. Oh no, this isn't going to work.

I walked to the fridge and got out one of Dani's energy drinks. This should do the trick. I'll be wide awake in no time.
And just like it said 'instant energy' on the can, I was up like a mad bunny. I quickly scanned through my closet to find something good. I wanted to make an impression, even though it's just James. We were going to Cardo's after all, not a cheap diner.