Chapter 63

Kaia's P.O.V:
Finally it's Saturday! I swear the days have been dragging on. Dani and I spent all night last night getting more studying done. It's great to have a roommate who's also serious about her grades. We're the perfect duo.

It's just past lunch time and I've been on water since this morning. I'm sure James would appreciate me with a flat stomach rather than a full belly for the shoot.

Although I told Dani several times that James is really into my more natural look, she's still keen on coming along as my 'stylist'. I don't even know what that means, to be honest.

"All packed! We can leave now" Dani says with her brightest smile.

"What's the smile for?" I asked, walking out the door.

"Because you're letting me tag along. Yay!" She squealed with joy.

"Just don't ask James too many questions, he might get distracted and the shoot will take longer" I said, locking the door.

"I won't. Promise!" Dani said, happily.

Just as we were walking towards the entrance, our cab was here.

"Right on time" Dani said as she flagged it down. We quickly hopped in and gave the address.

"You sure you wanna go there, ladies?" The cab driver asked.

I actually had no idea where we were headed, James just gave me an address and said to meet him there.

"Um. ..yeah, we'll be alright" I said, looking at Dani who was now looking at me wide-eyed.

20 minutes later we were parked outside an abandoned carnival ground. The cab driver dropped us off by the old gates and I quickly spotted James who was setting up inside.

"Why here? This place creeps me out" Dani said, clutching onto my arm.

"It's broad daylight, Dani! And it's a beautiful day. Nothing creepy here" I reassured her.

"Ahhh! The star of the show is finally here" James said, welcoming me with a hug.

"James, you remember Dani right?" I said, gesturing at her.

"Oh yeah, the roommate? How are you?" He asked Dani politely, shaking her hand.

"I'm fine, boy. ..how you doing?" Dani said chirpily, scanning James from head to toe.

I quickly pulled her away and excused us for a sec.

"Dani! Quit checking him out!" I said to her in a hushed tone.

"Girllll, I can't help myself. He is fresh meat. Damn" Dani replied, glancing over in James direction again.

"Stop it" I said, pointing a finger at her.

"Ready to start, Kaia?" James called out.

I walked back over to him and he handed me my outfit for today. I unzipped the bag and felt totally childish.

"Um. ..James? Are you serious?" I asked, looking at the dress. It was pastel pink and was the same material as a ballerinas tutu. It was beautiful but I wasn't too sure it would match a natural look.

"It's perfect for you. Trust me. You'll look like a kid that never got to go to the carnival, and now you're finally here and it's...over" James said with a slight smile.

I rolled my eyes and jumped into a booth to change into my short pink dress. It was strapless, so that's pretty enough for me. The shoes though were the highlight and they were definitely my type. Black lace up boots, shiny and just above my ankles. I loved them!