Chapter 72

Ash's P.O.V:
I feel so fucking awkward around Todd and Dani. I don't even like going to the mall, I only said I wanted to come because I wanted to spend the day with Kaia. The way her face lit up when I asked, made me so happy. I guess I'll be doing a lot of fucked up weird things just to spend time with her. 

I'm glad her friends were cool with me tagging along, I was a bit nervous because I have yet to apologize to the both of them. I feel like I have a pretty good chance now that Kaia has gone into the changing room to try on some stuff. 

I'm sweating like mad as I think of what to say. I man up a bit and clear my throat, finally got the right words to say. I just hope it doesn't fucking go wrong. I don't really apologize much so I have no idea how to, guess I'll just have to be sincere with my words and hope they forgive me. I stand from my place outside the changing room Kaia is in and walk over to Todd and Dani who were sitting in the lounge, trying on shoes. I awkwardly sit opposite them and give them a smile.

"Hey Ash, do you think I could work these shoes?" Dani asks, catwalking around us with high ass freaking heels. I want to laugh but I just hold it in, nodding-- trying to act supportive. 

"That's. ..that's nice, really suits you" I said, choking on my words. 

Dani glares at me then lets out a loud laugh, making the other customers look at us weirdly. My god this girl was a loud mouth. 

She heads back to her seat and takes off the shoes, placing them carefully back in the box. 

"You're trying too hard, Ash" she said, smiling at me.

"Wh-what?" I asked, acting as if I had no idea.

"You didn't have to say it looked good. Those shoes were hideous, especially that mega fucking heel, it was like walking on stilts" she said in between laughs. 

I chuckled a bit before thinking about what she said. Maybe I was trying too hard. This would actually be the perfect time for an apology so here goes nothing.

"Hey Dani, I'd actually like to say something. ..to both of you" I said, looking between her and Todd.

"Okay!" Todd said chirpily, moving closer to Dani. 

They were looking at me expectantly and suddenly I got even more nervous. These were Kaia's friends, not mine- so I have absolutely no fucking idea how they feel about me or how they would react. I take a deep breath and exhale, I need to get this off my chest.

"I. ..I would like to apologize for my behavior. ..at the club" I said nervously, looking down at my feet. All of a sudden my courage disappeared and I felt like crawling into a dark cave and never coming out. 

"Oh, hey it's alright" Dani said, standing from her seat and coming to sit beside me. I still kept my eyes down, unsure of how this was going. 

"I'm sorry for dragging you both into my mess. I never wanted for any of you to witness that, especially Kaia. I also didn't know that they phoned her or I would have prevented her from coming".

"Ashton, it's fine. Everyone has their bad days and everyone has different ways of dealing with those bad days. You don't have to apologize for anything" Todd said reassuringly. I looked up at him and saw him giving me a smile. I instantly felt a bit better.

"I hope that you won't judge me based on what you saw, I was in a bad place. I hope you can understand" I said, looking at Dani nervously. 

She placed a hand on my shoulder and looked at me with such kind eyes.

"We understand and don't worry, this doesn't change anything. You're still the same Ash I know. We cool!" Dani said, tapping my shoulder.

I couldn't help but let out a sigh of relief. It felt really good to hear that come out of Dani's mouth. Up till now I thought they secretly hated me. It's so fucking good to know there's no bad vibes between us. Thank god.