Chapter 59

My alarm went off half an hour ago yet here I am, laying in bed staring at the pale, boring ceiling. I just needed more time to myself. I wasn't ready to start my day just yet.

I had a quick shower and dressed casually, a pair of jeans and a t-shirt should do. I slipped on my converse and tied my hair in a ponytail, not even bothering to brush through it.

I have a few assignments due tomorrow and I'm almost done with them. I'm pretty sure I'll be able to hand them in on time. ..unless of course I have a mental breakdown which I'm pretty sure I'm close to having right now.

Dani's not here so she's probably already gone to class. I text Todd and ask him to meet me at the Cafe in 10 minutes. I pack up my bag and make my way to meet him, locking the door behind me.

As I cross over to the carpark I hear someone coming up to me from behind. I quickly turn around and see Yvonne, smirking at me.

"Damn! I was going to give you a shock" she said, laughing at me.

"Um. ..why? I could practically hear you coming up to me" I replied, not interested in her antics.

"Ugh whatever Collins. Where you headed?" She asked.

Okay, why is she even talking to me? Last I checked she hated me and I'm pretty sure the feeling was mutual.

"None of your business" I replied, crossing the carpark and heading towards the Cafe.

"Tell me about Ash's new girl" she called out.

I turned around and looked at her in suprise. Why on earth would she be asking me about Alexis and Ash. Is she crazy?

"I don't know anything about her so just leave me the hell alone" I said, before opening the door to the Café.

Yvonne gave me a nasty look before turning around and heading for the carpark. She got on her bike and left.

That was super weird. It's too early in the day for that kind of drama. I need some coffee to think straight.

After ordering my caramel coffee I sat down at a table by the corner and waited for Todd to arrive. About 5 minutes later, his SUV pulled up outside and I watched as he got off and made his way inside.

He looked around for a while before noticing me sitting in the corner. He gave me a wave before going to order his coffee.

"Good morning you!" He said chirpily as he pulled up a seat opposite me.

"Morning" I said, taking a sip of my coffee and looking through my classes for the day.

"How have you been?" Todd asks me while typing away on his phone. He glances up every few seconds to look at me.

"I've been. ..ugh don't ask right now. I'm currently trying to get back with Ash but Alexis is in the way and I don't know if he still feels the same way about me. We're friends now, by the way" I said.

"I'm sorry" Todd says, putting his phone down and giving me his full attention. "You're friends but you want more? Girl, he's wanted more since he met you, what makes you think he won't want you back? I'm telling you! Tell him Kaia, or you'll regret it. Don't let Alexis steal your man" Todd said, taking a huge bite out of his chocolate croissant.

"Every day you begin to sound more and more like Dani, it's freaking me out" I said, grinning at him. "But you're right though, if I'm really sure I wanna be with him- I have to tell him soon or I'll lose him to Alexis forever".

"True. So how have you been and did you get that message from Elena?" I asked, taking a sip of my coffee and breaking off a piece of Todd's croissant.