dear grandma e

i'm a person who does not like to be lied to. and a person who likes to be in the know. i like it when someone can trust me with their truth, and talk to me, say what they want when they can. but i can't be hypocritical.. so i can't lie to people and if someone has the right to know something within reason, i'll tell them.. say what i have to say when i can..

this may be late, but i'd like to say this.

dear grandma e,
we gave cachi away. and jeez, it feels great to just let that out finally. saying we kept her all this time was a lie to not break your fragile little loving heart that at the time was still beating.. i think i can say that i'm one of many people that took advantage of your time.

but it always ends up like this, doesn't it? i don't feel the need to say anything until i'm not able to.

grandma e, i wish i could've told you everything. i know we didn't speak much, just the "how's school?" and "how're your friends?" i might not have been old enough to understand those questions were precious and i should've gave you elaborate answers covered in gold. i grew up when those questions became, "who is this one?" and "where have you been?".

even then, i still thought that every morning you'd wake up the same. that i'd be able to see you every sunday to go out for lunch and Southtown or Steamboat.. then every sunday at the la porte nursing home to go on our ice cream dates if we didn't miss it already.

grandma e, i wish i could've told you more about high school and my group of friends. i have an endless lists of stories that you might've found funny. i wish i could tell you about my grades, and how i write and how i'm involved with the school plays and musicals. i wish i could've told you about boys and how they confuse me. or all my first times, even if it is just my first time using a real steak knife because my parents always took it away..thanks guys..

i wish i could you tell you happy birthday one more time... our birthday will never be the same. turning 16 without us in tiaras or eating ice cream is going to be a whole new world of unfamiliarity. i may have shared it with brittany spears and 7 other people.. but i've always considered you as my one and only birthday sharer...

so when i turn 16, i'll be sure to have a candle lit for my dear grandma e.

_____
i'll see her again.. someday.
-belle </3