im jealous of sleeping beauty

i've been having these dreams. every night straight for about two weeks. ones where you've come back and finally we can be happy again. and they always end the same, with me waking up to reality.. and you're not here..

last night hit hard.. this time i dreamt of you. you showed up to my house and appeared in the doorway of my bathroom. you stood, tall, and you looked older, you looked tired. you said to me "i'm home." and i ran to you with a hug i've been waiting to give for what felt like forever.

i cried into you. i cried very hard. you held me and stroked my hair reassuring that your here to stay, that you're all mine and i won't have to worry about us being separated ever again.

it felt so real.. i could feel the warmth of your touch, i could feel the vibrations of your voice through your body. i could feel it all and i was happy.. i was so.. happy.

you then lifted my chin.. and told me how beautiful i looked to you. and you kissed me. and i kissed you back. i kissed you for a long time. i could feel your lips against mine. it was so soft, so passionate. it felt right. like your lips were where they are meant to be. where you are meant to be..

with me.

you said you'd stay the night. so we got close in my bed.. and that's when it happened.. i woke up. and like every single time i've woken up and i fear that none of it was real. i try to clutch on any possible point or evidence that it was all real. then i checked my phone. and saw your message "i went to get breakfast and didn't want to wake you. i'll be right back" and i realized that it was real. and i felt like i could breathe. as i rested my head back on my pillow, i heard a familiar ringing but couldn't identify where it was coming from.

my eyes opened. my alarm was going off. it's 9 am, tuesday. and you're not here. you never where. it was all a dream.. like it always has been..

then i sit in silence and cry to myself.. wishing i could escape in my dreams where you're still with me.

_____
</3