i met a boy

i met a boy two years ago that told me he loved me and told me i was his. but he treated me like a secret, like a toy. for two years i thought that was love. that's how he loved me and that was okay becuase i loved him too.

and then..

i met another boy. i've known him since i was little, but never did we become close friends, not until this year. one that treated me like i was a gem, and told me i mattered, told me he wanted me to be happy, happy with him.

i'm in a relationship now with that boy. we had been so close for months, then we both left our toxic others.. and afterwards, we realized that two broken hearts can heal each other.. and be happy together.

he told me that he wants me happy. he told me he likes to be seen with me. he puts his arm around me in public and tells people that we're together. he will tell anyone that asks. he watches me as i sleep, and traces the features of my face, brushes my hair, holds me to ensure that i don't have bad dreams. he spoils me by just caring about me.. he's all i've ever prayed for..

that's more than i've ever had.

i hope i keep this one.. i hope he keeps me.

_____
i'm sorry i haven't posted in a long time..

but now you know it's bc i was preoccupied being happy :)

laterz baby.

-belle <33