Chapter Fifty-Eight

Sophie's POV

Blake had left and me, Antonio and Marshall were all asleep. It was now early morning the next day, about 8am.

A loud knock on the door woke me up but Marshall and Antonio slept through it? What the fuck? They could get robbed and not know about it.

I heard a key go into the door and got up to see who it was. Mr Jay Halstead walked in. For someone who has been the pub he did not look hungover.

"Sophie? Why are you here?" He asked and I motioned for him to be quiet and we walked into the kitchen and I put the kettle on.

"I take it you spoke to him down at the pub?" I asked and he nodded. "He promised me he wouldn't drink like that as long as he knows me. I think he is ok now to be honest Halstead"

"As long as you are sure Soph, yo I got your back always you know that right"

"Says the guy moving to Chicago to be a cop"

"Still, I will be in Detroit in a heartbeat if you needed me Soph!"

"I was thinking like of moving over there when Antonio does you know? I just feel like this place holds to much and I have always just wanted to get out" I shrugged and handed him a drink.

"It's a big life choice to make Soph, you just need to never forget this place made you!"

"I've been stuck so long in a place. I don't know what to do anymore, I don't know how to make a change to everything. I think Chicago will be the change"

"I definitely see your point, but what if you and him aren't together or friends by then?"

"Still, I need out of this place. They asked me where I see myself in 10 years, I don't have a fucking clue, I don't know what I want to be or do"

"You have chance to make that decision, why does that matter to you now? See what you do after school.. See where life takes you"

"Nah stop getting all intelligent on my Halstead." I laughed and Antonio walked in.

"Halstead? Yo we ok brother?" He yawned and Jay laughed giving him a 'man' hug.

"Yeah, course we are."

"Hey Halstead thanks for the speech. Antonio babe, i'm going to get Marshall and going to run down see Blake again, that ok?" I asked.

"Yeah see you later Babe love you" He smiled kissing me.

"Love you too. Catch you both later"I waved and walked into the living room and Marshall had actually just woke up.

"Yo we are going for a walk" I said and he nodded and stood up and grabbed his jacket.

We both walked to the front door, I popped my head back through the kitchen door and they both stopped talking.

"Yo, pizza tonight 6pm sharp, on me. You know where to be. Love you both, see you later." I told them and they nodded and me and Marshall left.

"Marshall, pizza tonight, 6pm" I told him as we walked down the road.

"I heard you say. Where we heading now?"

"We are going to see Ronnie" yeah, I changes my mind.

"How do you know Ronnie is back in town?"

"Marshall, me and Ronnie keep in touch"

"Oh.. Cool. Why we seeing Ronnie?"

"Miss him, Love my Ronster I do" I laughed.

"I know, me too. I don't know what i'd do without him" Marshall smiled and we got on the bus.

"We could walk to yours you know" I laughed and he just shrugged.

Minutes later we got of the bus and walked to Marshall's. Ronnie was sitting with his feet up eating chips.

"Ronnie!!" I squealed from the door and he stood up and I hugged him.

"Oh hey Marshall" Kim smiled walking into us. "Hey Soph"

"Hey Kim" I smiled and walked over to her.

"Hey you want a drink?" She asked me walking to the kitchen.

"Please" I nodded following her leaving Ronnie and Marshall.

"Hey you're with that Antonio aren't you?"

"Yeah I am why?"

"When he came looking for you, he looked at me funny. Like he looked like he just wanted to punch me or something"

"He knows everything that went on Kim, I don't blame him for having this view of you."

"Do you still hate me?" She sighed handing me a drink.

"Kim, at the end of the day, Marshall is my best friend. Marshall being my best friend means I spend time with him. You been his girlfriend means you spend a lot of time with him. So basically we are bound to see each other a lot, I can't hate you or else I wouldn't see Marshall as much"

"Is that the only reason why?"

"I needed a fresh start with everything Kim. So in answer to that question, no it is not the only reason why. With everything that happened that was a minor thing in it all. As I carry on living I need to leave all of them bad vibes in the past. I am more than happy to go and get drunk and chat shit with you Kim, you have changed so much."

"I will always look back at how I was and think 'woah you were an absolute bitch'. I probably still would be if you never made me realise it all"

"We all make mistakes Kim, some we drag around the rest of our life, some make us stronger"

"What do you regret most?"

What do I regret most? Fucking hell I don't know. My life? Not knowing my brother and getting to know my mom. Never asking anyone for help, never killing the son of a bitch that ruined my life.

"I pulled a knife out and threw it across the room to distract my dad. I purposely missed him because I didn't want to kill him, I just needed to run. I regret not killing the dick! " I gritted my teeth and clenched my teeth.

The minute he gets out of prison which is in 14 years (because the bitch didn't get life in there) I will kill him. I don't care if I get sent down for life, he should be dead!

"I don't blame you" Kim agreed.

"Yo laddies, all good in here?" Ronnie yawned walking in.

"Yep" me and Kim both nodded.

"Ronster, lets take a walk"

"Where?"

"I don't know, we need a catch up. We could head up DeShauns?"

"Yeah alright, I will get Marshall" he nodded going to get Marshall.

"Want to come?" I asked kim and she shook her head.

"Thanks but no, got stuff to do. Lovely to talk to you though Soph, really" she smiled and hugged me.