Chapter Forty-One

Sophie's POV

A young lad was laying curled up on the floor, a group of lads were kicking the shit out of him. He was young, 10 or a bit older maybe, there were 3 lads, one about my size, one about 17 and one around my age.

"The fuck are you doing?!" I screamed.

"Aint got nothing to do with you, gorgeous "one of them winked over to me.

"When you are hurting someone, younger than you, I make it my business, so it has got something to do with me! Stop!" They just out right ignored me.

The one the had called me 'gorgeous' ,I walked up to and pulled him back by putting him in a head lock, I pulled him down to the ground and kicked him.

One of the other lads was about to punch me ,but I pulled a gun out, the same one I took off them guys earlier.

"You wouldn't shoot me!" He laughed and I shot him in the leg. The other guys ran off ,as he fell to the floor.

Marshall and Antonio ran out after hearing the gun shot. Police sirens sounded from a distance , must've heard the shot. Antonio grabbed me away from them. I knelt down to the younger kid and helped him up.

"Unless you want to make a statement with the police, run with us, ok?"  He nodded and we ran up to Gaz's house. I knocked on the door in a panic and he let us in.

"Soph, i'm going back up see Jame" Gaz said.

"Can you fit us all in?" I asked. He nodded "drop us off somewhere please?"

"Where?"

"Proofs"

"Yeah come on" he nodded and we all got in his car.

"Whats your name kid?" I asked.

"Karnial"

"Nice name" I nodded. We got out of the car and walked into Proofs. "De where you at?!" I shouted as I was the first to walk in.

"Soph? Fuck sake girl, where you been?" Blake grinned ,walking to us from the living room. I jumped into his arms and gave him a bone crushing hug. Everyone laughed at the fact I acted like a 5 year old.

"Soph, how come you find all the white kids in detroit?" De laughed when he noticed Antonio.

"Proof ,yeah?" Antonio asked tilting his head thinking. "You're at the battles sometimes ,aren't you?"

"I like when people just know who I am, makes me feel slightly famous, how wicked would that be yeah?"

"Yo! Like so goin' hav' stop yous all there!" They all shut up once I got their attention. "Ight, so this is Karnial. Antonio will explain what shit went down, I need to talk to Marshall"  Everyone nodded and Marshall looked confused, I just pulled him with me into his room he has here.

"Soph wha-" he started, but I stopped him by kissing him. Once I pulled back, I hugged him, it meant so much to me. I felt like I was starting to lose people around me, but I can't change it.

"Soph?" Marshall asked, a bit taken back by what I had just done. I couldn't, I just broke down, I sat on the bed and cried. Nothing was said, he just came aside me and picked me up and placed me on his knee. I cried into his chest, yet I felt a sense of security.

"Maybe this is the wrong thing to say at this moment in time princess, but I think you are borderline Anorexic" he sighed.

"I know. The bit of food I have had, I worked off at the gym. I lost a lot of weight when I got stabbed. The doctor said he was worried for my health ,but I told him I would sort it"

"As long as you are aware, don't want you ill. So, what's wrong?"

"Marshall, we nearly lost Jamie today. I nearly let two guys put a bullet through my head. Gaz is going to do something bad, I can just feel it. Then there's you, babe, you need to talk to me! I need to know that you won't give up, that you will just keep trying and succeeding the rest of your life. I need you to promise me you will never lose yourself"

"Baby girl, everything is wrong, I practically have no family at the moment, doody is busy a lot, Jamie just happened, someones out to get you. Soph we can't keep doing this shit! When does it all end?"

"Marshall, it will end soon!" I nodded and got up. I found a hair tie, I have a hell of a lot hanging around this room ,not going to lie, and stuck my hair up ,messily.

Me and Marshall walked into the living room, to see everyone ,but Blake ,where we left them. I think he went to get Chinese, if I heard correctly.

"Yano kid, your name is long and like too much to say for me since i'm lazy an all! You need a nick name"  Proof said to Karnial.

"Bug cos he was getting squashed by them guys" I suggested ,laughing because I was obviously joking.

"Actually Soph, you have a mint point there. So how about bugs but bugs with a Z not a S so it sounds a bit better" Marshall put the idea forward.

"Yano, I like that" Karnial nodded and we all the agreed to it.