Chapter Thirteen

Sophie's POV

"Honestly Ronnie, I love Detroit. It's my home ,and always will be. Everyone makes it sound shit ,but I think some parts are beautiful" I shrugged in response to his question.

"I can't wait to get out of here man, but something will always bring me back" Marshall spoke up.

"Yeah ,I guess it's not a bad place, it's just pretty rough, gun men, drugs and that shit" Ronnie nodded.

"Marshall, for fuck sake, come and clean up your mess in the kitchen" Debbie ordered Marshall , who groaned in response.

"Oh sorry guys, do you want a drink?" Debbie asked me and Ronnie.

"No thank you" I declined. She nodded and handed Ronnie a drink.

"Thanks deb" He thanked.

"Oh Sophie! i'm so sorry about the situation you are in, you are welcome to stay here as long as you need sweet heart. Just no naughty business you two" Debbie warned ,pointing between me and Marshall.

"Mom!" Marshall moaned ,and I just hid my face.

"Don't worry Mrs Mathers, it's not like that" I shook my head ,and she just chuckled.

"Please, call me Debbie"

Debbie eventually exited ,and Marshall ran and jumped on the couch, almost landing on me.

"Fuck man, you're gonna' kill the girl" Ronnie laughed.

"The princess shell never die!" Marshall gasped ,and all three of us burst into a fit of laughter.

"I better run guys, see you tomorrow" Ronnie said, and we all said our goodbyes and he left.

"Me and Kim are dating!" Marshall blurted out.

"Really? I'm happy ,if you're happy, congrats" I smiled and he hugged me ,grinning. " can we go to bed yet? I feel dizzy"

"It's only 10, but yeah come on, we sharing a bed?"

"Will Kim kill me?" I raised my eyebrow.

"I won't let her, come on, we're only going to sleep, plus ,you're my best friend" he assured me ,and we made out way to his room.

I changed into some pyjama shorts and a baggy t-shirt, because of my leg cast ,and lay on Marshall's bed ,propping my leg up.

Marshall got in next to me, shirtless , and cuddled up to me, pulling the duvet up over us. Admittedly, it was cold tonight ,so I happily welcomed the warmth. Detroit weather is so unpredictable, it sucks.

••

I woke up still in Marshall's arms, so I slowly turned to face him. He was fast asleep ,with a smile on his face, he looked so peaceful. I wasn't going to be the one to disturb him, so I just closed my eyes and fell asleep again.

I awoke again when Marshall moved, I opened my eyes and was met with his.

"Sorry I didn't mean to wake you ,I was just uncomfortable" he apologised.

"No it's fine, I woke up a bit ago but fell asleep again. What time is it?" I asked.

"Just turned half ten" He replied looking at the clock.

"I slept for 12 and a half hours, naturally?" I gasped, my eyes wide open.

"You were really tired though, I can't believe I slept that long too" Marshall laughed ,and I noticed I was still leaning on his chest.

"Ahh Mr. Mathers, it looks like you need to start the gym again" I suggested ,patting his six pack.

"What?! I don't need to start the gym, my body is perfect" he grinned.

"Sure big fella" I laughed.

"Bitch, you need to start the gym again"he rolled his eyes playfully.

"Babes my six pack is amazing" I shot back.

"Prove it"

"No"

"So you don't have a six pack?"

"No, I do, but I just don't feel comfortable showing you" I frowned.

"You trust me don't you?" I nodded. "then show me"

I gave in and showed him my six pack. His eyes widened, and his mouth hung open, as I pulled my top back down.

"You have a fucking six pack!"

"No shit" I laughed and swung myself out of his bed, grabbing my crutches. "Come on dickhead"

He got up and went to grab some basketball shorts ,which he slipped on.

We walked into the living room, where there was a note.

"What is say?" I asked Marshall.

"Me, kim and nate went out for breakfast, then me and nate are going out and Kim is going to do her thing. See you later ,don't get in to trouble you two, love you." he read out.

"So what we going to do?"

He just shrugged in response, sitting down.

"How the fuck do I shower with this bastard on?" I though out loud.

"I'm sure you will figure it out" he grinned. "so you're going to shower then?"

"Yeah, if that's okay with you?"

"Course, you know where it is, want me to join you?" He smirked.

"Fucking perv, you have a girlfriend as well ,you dickface" He just give me an evil grin and I flipped him the bird and went to shower.