Chapter forty-four

Marshall's POV

None of us have seen Soph since last week and it is Christmas eve tomorrow.

After she killed that guy ,nothing was really said. Then she sort of just disappeared and we haven't seen her since.

I went down to the boxing place, I saw Antonio and he just told me she was ok but didn't talk about her or tell me where she was. She just needed her space he said.

I checked up the gym and she had been there but apparently she was in a really bad mood and was in with Jay, they spent 4 hours in there.

I'm worried for her to be honest, i've been up and seen Jamie, Soph has also been up there a couple of days, with Jay.

Gaz is in a bad place at the moment and he has been spending a lot of time with us all and has been drinking a bit too much.

Someone knocked on the door quite violently, snapping me out if my thoughts.

Proof was about to get up but I jumped up and walked to the door.

Antonio burst in with Jay behind him. Something was bad and I just knew it had something to do with Soph, who wasn't with them.

"Marshall, Proof, you both have to promise me you do not get pissed off in anyway with Soph, and you cannot tell her you know anything about this! But we can't do this on our own, we need your help"

"Right, we promise. Is Soph okay? we haven't seen her all week" I asked.

"She went to visit her dad-" Antonio started, I didn't want to hear anymore.

"Take me to see her now please" I demanded.

"Marshall, that's not a good idea.."

"I don't give two shits! Don't come in here like you have both known her for your whole life! I've known her longer than you both and Proof has known her even longer! Please, I just need her to tell me herself, take me to her" I begged.

"How about, me and Halstead go and sort this and then straight after we will come pick you up? We will be half an hour tops"

"Ok" I nodded and Antonio ran back to the car. I stopped Jay from running back. "Look Halstead, I have no problem with you at all, but do not get too close to Soph, because if you ever leave her, she will not be able to cope"

"I have no intention on hurting her" he smiled. I let go of him and he ran to the car.

"Doody, you really don't want to know what it was about?" Proof asked.

"She isn't telling us for a reason, it could be to keep us safe or for her to figure everything out first. If we mean shit to her man, she will tell us"

"I hope you're sure man"

Jay Halstead's POV

"Barry?" Antonio questioned in shock.

"Yeah man, he works at a pub somewhere, I heard he was working with Rob Brookes and Jason Bennet. They are going to kill some innocent girl. I hope this helps" the man nodded.

"Thank you so much! I can't thank you enough!"

"Anytime man!"

"I'm going to need a L96A1" Antonio said to the guy.

"Man, they are fairly new guns, could be hard to get"

"But you can get it can't you" Antonio laughed. They guy gave a 'obviously' laugh.

"I have one at home now, if you follow me up in the car you can come and get it. I trust you to pay me another time or owe me a favour"

"Yeah ok, come on Halstead" Antonio agreed.