Chapter nineteen

Sophie's POV

Ah the first day back at school, the best day of all. Me, Marshall and Proof have just made it to the main gates.

I went to the office and told them to go do what they do. They basically told me I don't need to do any lessons until I have my cast off. They said they will give me the work I need and I can go home ,but there won't be much since it's only the first week back.

I walked out just as the bell rang. I moved over to the side as people started to flood in.I got odd looks from everybody, It sucks been white in a black neighbourhood. Plus ,looking the way I use to look never helped shit.

"Hey yo ,white chick" some guy said stopping me eyeing me.

"Fuck off!"

"Hey yo ,a sassy white chick, I like it. The names Brian and you?" he introduced, extending his hand.

"Call me Soph. Call me a white chick again, we will have problems" I smiled, sarcastically.

"Got it. So, grade you in?"

"10"

"Same, they sending you home cause of your leg?"

"Yupp ,shouldn't you like ,head to class?"

"Fuck it, lets go get coffee"

"Yeah sure, why the fuck not" I nodded. I saw Marshall walk past with wide eyes, I just smiled towards him.

"I have a party soon, you wanna come?" He asked ,breaking the silence as we walked into the coffee shop.

"Can I bring my mates"

"Depends ,who are they?"

"DeShaun Holton and Marshall Mathers"

"Fuck yeah ,Proofs like a legend in Detroit ,course he can come! An as for Marshall ,whatever ,I guess the white prick can come"

"Ya know ,jus' cause we're white an shit, don't make us any different"

"Yeah ,I will try be nice to the dude I guess"

•••

I sat on the bench ,close to where my father lives ,waiting for anything to happen today. Yesterday ,Brian went back to school and Marshall has been funny with me since. They all come out of school soon ,but then I have to wait for them to come home ,which is boring as fuck.

I have an urge to go and speak to my dad ,but I shouldn't. Either way ,the next thing I knew, I was knocking on the door.

"Sophie?"

"Dad"

"Come in" he offered.

"I don't know if I can trust you" I huffed walking in. "make me some food?"

"Sure" he nodded. "So what you doing here?" He asked ,making pancakes.

"School said I have to go back next week and I was hungry and bored"

"And you came here?"

"Dad, I don't want to live with mom. However, as much as I love you cause you're my dad and everything, I need you to go to prison"

"You want me to go prison?"

"I can't look at you without wanting to kill myself, you took my innocents ,my dignity ,my life"

"I will plead guilty"

"Excuse me?" This caught my attention and I shot my head up ,as he handed me my food.

"If this makes you happy ,I will plead guilty. I want to show you I still love you Soph. Then maybe ,when I get out we can start over"

"Yeah i'd like that, but this doesn't help the situation of me having to live with mom"

"Maybe you should go and see her, talk to her"

"Fuck that!"

"She gave birth to you ,I think you owe her to just have a chat"

"Whatever, might do. Can you drop me off on dresden?"

"Why? Is that where you're living now?"

"Not really ,just my friends"

"Oh ,that dick Marshall?"

"Fuck off, must you know ,him and DeShaun saved my fucking life"

"Ahh good old DeShaun Holton, what a kid. Never liked him"

"Oh I know, now just drop me off please"

"Ok ,come on then"

He dropped me off not far from Marshall's and said his goodbye. I walked to Marshall's ,hoping someone would be home. I knocked on the door and waited patiently.

"Sophhhhh" Ronnie grinned.

"Hey Ronster ,what the heck you doing here?"

"Couldn't be arsed stay at the hotel, so i'm watching Nate well Deb's at work. Come in then" he laughed and I entered the living room.

"Natteeyy" I grinned ,putting my crutches down and sitting on the chair next to him.

"So Ronster, hows life?"

"Pretty good to be fair and yourself?"

"Not too bad" I nodded.

I love how me and Ronnie are so close ,the past few weeks ,when me and Marshall were distant ,Debbie asked us both to babysit Nate and we just got fairly close.

"Where've you been then?"

"See my dad"

"You fucking what? Soph ,why would you do that? Are you ok?",

"Fuck Ron ,chill yo shit, actually it went well. He said he will pled guilty"

"Woah, didn't see that one coming"

I nodded and played with nate as he played with his toy digger.

"Yo ,Ma you home?" A loud voice boomed from the door.

"Marshall ,shut up man" Ron huffed.

"Oh yo guys" he nodded and walked in with proof.

"Marshall what the fuck happened?" I gasped looking at him.

"Some fucking cock sucker punched me and shoved me into a locker because he said that I eyeballed him"

"Fucking hell, go get some ice dude"