Chapter Thirty-Nine

Sophie's POV

--hospital 4 hours after arrival --

"Soph?" I heard Gaz say from behind. He just came and hugged me.

"I can't believe it! This is all my fucking fault" he sighed, angrily.

"Gaz it will be fine! Calm!" I attempted to calm him.

"Soph! You do not come back on something like this! The amount of people I have seen die from fucking heroin is crazy"

"Well then Gaz! Stop doing and selling drugs! You get yourselves into these big messes! It's just some stupid thing you do! You will have no fucking brain cells left soon, everyone around you will be dead and when you stop selling drugs, you will bankrupt your fucking self because you will still be addicted to drugs! When is enough, enough Gaz? When your dead? When everyone around you is dead?! " I just exploded on him ,it was probably the totally wrong time to say it but I had to. I think the hurt and anger just built up too much.

"I'm sorry? Are you really saying this to me right now? Yes Sophie ,you have a very valid point, it is stupid! Yet, you sold drugs, you did drugs, so what makes us so different?" He shot back.

"The fact that you just said that in past tense and mine was said in present tense! Yeah, smoke weed every now and then ,but Gaz ,all of this needs to stop!" I was really just begging him.

"I know Soph" he sighed, giving me a hug.

"If I hadn't of gone the gym..." tear fell down my cheeks.

"Soph, if you hadn't of gone the gym, all three of you would be dead ,because they would of got you as well. I wouldn't of been home until late, you all would of been dead! Thank fuck you're a gym girl" he said ,hugging me again tighter.

"Jamie?" A doctor announced. We all turned around.

"Yeah.."

"I am so sorry to say..." I just started to cry again once he said this "... That he is in critical condition. However, due to finding him so quickly, he will be ok.." I hugged Gaz and Marshall so tight, because I was so thankful he was alive.".. But it could take months for him to be himself again"

"Thank you so much" I smiled at him.

"Soph.. You don't just get over something like this" Gaz sighed.

"That's what I thought Gaz, but then I got to thinking, technology is advancing, maybe it is possible now!"

"Technology doesn't advance that quick. What next? Everyone has their own personal mobile phone that you can talk to and it does everything for you" he laughed "I don't think so Soph."

"Only time will tell, let's go home"

_____ Gaz's_____

We are just about at Gaz's now, it's quiet, like a scary quiet. We walked around the corner and saw two guys running out of the house.

"Shit" Me and Gaz cursed.

"Marshall, Gaz ,stay at your's, i'm running" I said ,taking off after them.

Maybe I didn't think this one through, there is two of them and one of me, and I am currently not at my fittest ,but still.

I caught up and jumped on one of their backs, causing him to fall and the other to stop. The guy I had just landed on pushed me off of him. He grinned at me and just laughed.

I was just getting up, when a cold object pushed against the back of my head. I stopped still and took in a sharp breathe. The guy I had originally tackled got up, laughing down at me.

"Give me one reason why I shouldn't just blow your brains out ,right now ,right here" the guy with the gun said.

"I have no reason. However, if you are going to shoot me ,at least answer me this ,you dicks! What were you doing at Gaz's?"

"Seeing if Jamie's body was still there and if he was dead ,which we are sad to see it was not. I thought Gaz wasn't back until late"

"He wasn't, I found Jamie" I smiled up at them, sarcastically.

"You little bitch!" He huffed, kicking me down to the ground. I rolled to look up at them, he still held the gun down at me ,with his friend next to him, still grinning. " you messed up our hit!"

"And you nearly killed my friend!"

"So he is alive?" One if them raised an eyebrow.

"Well he isn't dead"

"You know what? Fuck you" he spat and pulled his gun back and put his finger on the trigger. I closed my eyes, this is finally the end.

"Drop the weapon" I heard a deep voice say.

I opened my eyes and looked up to find a lad, not much older than me ,with two guns, one pointed at each of the guys back heads. The guy pointing the gun at me dropped it and I shuffled towards it and picked it up pointing it towards them. I then got to my feet and looked them in the eye.

"As I see it now, you tell whoever employed you that Jamie and Gaz are no longer around. No money is owed and if he wants it ,then you two dicks pay it, OK?!" I growled.

"Got it!" They nodded.

I put my gun down and nodded at the guy behind them to lower his guns, which he did. The two men stood for a few seconds and then ran away.

"Thank you so much" I thanked, walking up and hugging him.

"Any time" he smiled. His smile was gorgeous, one that made your heart melt.

"Who are you? And why did you help me?"

"Shit yeah, where why manners? My name is Antonio Dawson. Let's just say, I know people. Heard a lad name Jamie was going to get hit, I came down to try prevent that"

"Sophie Brookes, pleasure to meet you. Jamie got hit up, he is in the hospital, would of been dead if I hadn't of found him with my mate" I explained.

"Shit!"

"Hey, come back with me? You need to meet some people, plus I sort of owe you a drink or something" I smiled and he agreed, then we made our way to Gaz's.