Chapter Five

Sophie's POV

"Marshall, why hasn't your mom been home yet? It's been like 3 days" I asked Marshall, who was sitting on my right.

"She said she's pissed off at me or some shit, I dunno but Kim is with her so it's all good" He replied and I nodded.

"Marshall, DeShaun, I just want to say thank you from the bottom of my heart. You have both honestly treated me way too nicely , I really don't deserve it" I thanked. "I need to nip off"

"Where you going?" DeShaun asked.

"Just somewhere, hopefully it will be over really quickly" I shrugged.

"Come back in a hour?" Marshall said.

"Maybe. Later guys" I said as I walked out of the door.

I walked to the one place I knew i'd have to go back to soon, home. I walked in the door and zipped up Marshall's jacket.

"What the fuck Sophie? You haven't contacted me since Monday! It's fucking Thursday and you've missed school!" My dad confronted me.

"Dad, Please don't pretend to care now. What's wrong? Not had your little princess around to attend to your every need? Dad, I refuse to do this anymore. You just hurt me dad, look at what you did"  I took off Marshall's jacket. He looked over the gash on my arm and the big bruise on my lower arm.

"Oh give it a rest Sophie, you are so very dramatic. It was an accident" he rolled his eyes.

"For fuck sakes dad wake up and look at who the fuck you are! I'm 14 years old dad, I can't take this shit from you" I cried.

"Sophie, you are talking shit just go to your room" he ordered.

"Happily daddy!"

"Pills" I pondered as I walked in my room.

I grabbed my small container of 'special' pills, zipped up my jacket and climbed out of my window.

I walked for a little while. Tears just fell down my face. I felt so broken, so fed up. It's all about to be fixed and I am more than okay with that.

"You didn't win world! I won, I get to take this control over my life. Goodbye!" I shouted and took the pills, which I had been eating like smarties on the way here. I sat on the cold bench, looking at the nothingness. "I get to say what happens to me now!"

I flung my head back and looked to the sky. My body going numb. "You are my sunshine, my only sunshine" I started to sing quietly to myself. My nan used to sing it to me as a baby, the simplest times, gone.

The last pill. I swallowed it and let out a sigh of relief. I was swaying already, darkness slowly consuming me. The pill bottle fell to the floor.

"Soph! Don't" Too late.

I slipped into darkness, thank god this shit is done with forever.

Marshall's POV

"Did you hear that?" Proof said getting my attention but he was already out the door.

"Shit" I got up to see where proof went and I found him kneeling down by a bench where a body also lay. I ran to the house and called 911 and ran back to proof.

"Oh my god" I gasped as I looked down at a lifeless Soph. The thing that killed me the most was that she had a smile on her face.

Time felt frozen. From the phone call, to the ambulance pulling up, to entering the hospital, it all happened in slow motion. I paced up and down, outside of her hospital room for what felt like hours. The doctors are currently pumping her stomach. Hours had passed, we had heard nothing. No family had yet shown up for her. I saw a doctor begin to approach, I stopped breathing.

"Yo man chill" Proof said.

"I can't man i've not even known her a week yet and I fucking know I can't go on without her in my life."

"You can go and see her now" the doctor said and I pretty much ran in the room, she was asleep.

Me and Proof sat in silence, nothing could even be put into words right now. Her eyes suddenly opened and she looked around and cried, she just cried like someone had been taken away from her.

"Don't cry, it's okay, you're alive" I assured her and she looked at me, then over to Proof, and cried more.

"No! None of it is okay, I don't want to be here! I don't want to be alive, I had everything planned, why? Why did you ruin that for me" she cried even more.

"No, no, no, no" I shook my head and started to pace again, just then the door opened.

"Baby" He whispered and I cringed. A few hours late there?

"You get the fuck away, this is your fault, you killed her inside, you abused her and fucking raped her, i'm not an idiot you know, I can see through anyone. Get the fuck out of here now, or I will make sure the nurses save you a nice bed here" I shouted and he looked at me and laughed.

"She's my daughter, she can speak for herself" He laughed.

"Dad, get out" she stated simply and he looked broken but walked out.

What just happened? I looked at proof and he got up ,nodded towards me and left the room.