Chapter Ten

Sophie's POV

"Fuck!" I shouted waking up.

"What?" Someone said, running into the room, but I was to busy hyperventilating to look.

"I can't breathe. Fuck, Fuck,Fuck!"

"Soph, calm down, it's fine" Proof said walking to me.

"De i'm going to fucking die, my body hurts, shit" I cried.

"Hey, hey, calm down. Let's go to the hospital" he spoke calmly.

I nodded up at him in pain , while crying still.

•••

When at the hospital ,they had to do loads of x-rays and shit on me, then I was put in a room and the doctor wanted to question me ,so Marshall and Proof had to wait outside.

"Okay miss Brookes, so as you are now aware, you have a broken leg and severally bruised rib"the doctor started to explain, and I nodded to him. "However, I have noticed some very heavy bruising and scaring to your body, Miss Brookes, you have sustained a lot of trauma at different points in time. Do you have an explanation to all of this?" The doctor was very serious as he questioned me and I just wanted to die right now.

"Nothing to worry about" I was very uncomfortable right now, I just wanted to see Marshall and Proof.

"Mam' if this is a form of abuse, I am afraid I will have to inform the police"

"I'm just extremely clumsy, I caused it all" I assured him and he just looked at me, no expression.

"I will be back to see you soon, I will send your visitors in" he then left. I pulled the cover over me and closed my eyes, to pretend I was asleep.

"Sophie, I know you are awake. The doctor told us what he asked you, are you okay?" Marshall said ,as he sat down. I pulled the cover from over me and looked at him.

"I'm fine" I laughed painfully. "well apart from I have a fucking support thing around me, because moving will just cause me too much pain" I rolled my eyes. "Can't really breathe with it on"

"I can't believe you fucking got hit by a car" Proof laughed.

"Yeah and the fucker drove off! What a dick, like hello, you just flew me over your car. Fucking prick" 

Marshall was finding me so funny right now ,so I just flipped him off ,and he shut up. The doctor then came in causing us all to fall silent.

"Right Miss Brookes, I came to inform you that we are going to have to either take you to a form of rehabilitation ,or the the police will need to be involved in what is going on"  The Doctor informed me.

"Am I fuck" I laughed. "What about patient confidentiality?"

"Sophie, we are doing this in your best interest. As a minor, it is our job to protect you. We are here to help you, not judge you, not scare you. We want to listen to you, help you" The doctor sighed.

"Fuck sakes, someone get me out of this fucking hell hole. Actually, someone just fucking put a bullet in my head"

"Miss?" The doctor asked. I looked at Marshall hoping he would do something.

What he said next ,broke me. "Her father abused her, mentally, physically and sexually. By the looks of it, it has been going on for a long time. Honestly, she is clearly not in any state to answer to the police right now"

"Miss Brookes, is this true" I just nodded in response ,and cried.

"Are you going to arrest him?" I questioned.

"He is going to be arrested and held in a cell. As I see it, we have the evidence to prove the abuse, at least the physical abuse" the doctor nodded.

"He's the only family I have, what will happen to me?" I asked, worries.

"You will be put into the system" he sighed, my mouth dropped, my sobs grew louder.

"No! I will live with him. Please don't!" I begged.

"I understand what you are feeling mam ,but since you have admitted this, this is really the only option. I did research a little bit though , and I found your mother, the first option would normally be to live with family "

"I will think about it" I huffed, he nodded and left. Proof and Marshall looked at me while I just sobbed.

"What the fuck? this can't be happening, they can't do this. He's going to prison now , when he gets out, he will kill me. What if I have to go and live out of Detroit?" So many questions were going through my head.

"I'm so sorry" Marshall frowned. " I shouldn't of told him, it wasn't my place to say"

"No, thank you, I couldn't of done it without you. I think they are letting me go later, since I only broke my leg"

"And,i'm so sorry I let that car hit you" it looked like it was really getting to Marshall, and that upset me.

"Marshal, hunny that's on me, I was pissed and didn't give a shit. I really want to just die" I whispered the last part to myself, sinking down in my bed.

"Soph" Marshall whispered ,his voice braking.

"Guys i'm going to ask when you can get out of here" Proof spoke up. Me and Marshall nodded ,and Proof exited.

"How bad's your bruising from your dad?" Marshall asked, and I sighed.

"Want me to just show you?" He nodded ,and I lifted my top up.

He stud up and walked over next to me ,and traced his fingers over my bruises making me flinch.

"I have a big burn up my side ,but you can't see it with this support brace on"

"I'm so sorry"

"Stop! None of this is your fault"

"Sorry I wasn't there for you all these years"

"You've not even been in Detroit long, so that couldn't of been possible" I laughed and he frowned.

"I'm sorry"

"I am going to fucking hit you in a min, stop saying sorry" I said, crossing my arms at him.

"Sorr-soo yeah"

I just laughed up at him and shook my head, then Proof walked in.

"Girl, you can leave now"

"Yes" I shouted turning to get out of bed but cried in pain.

"But you need to wait for the doctor" he then added.

"Thanks dickhead" I huffed, still in a horrible ,painful position. " Can one of you help me move please?" I asked, embarrassed, and Marshall walked to me.

"What do you want me to do?"

"First off , I need this fucking support shit off" I huffed, arching my back a bit lifting up my shirt to take it off but failed miserably so Marshall did it for me and pulled it off gently.

"Thanks" I smiled, thanking him.

I just need to get out and sit up now. I swung my legs to the side ,easily ,but moving my upper body was hard because it felt heavy.

"What do I need to do?"

"Support my back, I got this" He nodded. I sat up with his help, and thanked him.

The doctor then walked in ,smiling at me. "right, Miss Brookes, here are some crutches ,and you will need to come back in about 6 weeks. Also, the police will be in contact with you, as for now, we recommend you stay with friends" he stated and handed me the crutches.