Chapter Thirty-Seven

Sophie's POV

"Sophie, lovely of you to finally join us" my annoying ass english teacher huffed.

"Sir I got fucking stabbed, what do you want me to do about it?" I smirked.

"Well next time ,don't get stabbed" Is he really this stupid?

"Yeah ,because I can help some dude running up to me and unexpectedly stabbing me. Yeah I will definitely not do it next time ,because I so has a choice this time" Sarcasm dripped more with each word.

"I don't appreciate your attitude" He snarled. The classes eyes, all on him.

"My attitude? You having a fuckin' joke yeah?"

"Leave" he ordered.

"Yeah I will happily ...but like, you don't appreciate my attitude? Sorry, you just told me not to get stabbed, what do you expect me to say?" I laughed.

"Just go and meet your little white boyfriend" he grinned.

"Excuse me?" I was actually really shocked right now.

"That white kid that has nothing going for him, only you hang with him"

"Go and dig yourself a hole you cunt and get into it and get someone to fill it back. Die in it slowly" I smiled and left. "You are a 28 year old man, grow up. You are teaching a bunch of teenagers and you act worse than them! Here sit 30 witnesses"

"I will make your life hell miss Brookes" he smirked.

"Is that a threat?"

"If I said yes, i'd lose my job" he shrugged.

"I would love to see you make my life hell" I challenged.

"Sounds like a challenge"

"You know sir, you are making a huge mistake"

"Yeah sir ,you know she know like everyone who is anyone" some dude butted in.

"Goodbye, i'd start packing your stuff, because one way or another ,in a few weeks, you will have no job" with that I left and everyone in the room burst into laughter and applause. I walked to where I knew Marshall was and walked straight in the room. Luckily ,he has the same maths teacher as me.

"Oh hello Sophie? Wrong room"

"Actually sir ,please can I take Marshall out of here ... family stuff" I lied.

"I shouldn't.." My math teacher paused.

"Sir please" I begged.

"Fine ,Marshall go" He agreed.

"Thank you so much" I thanked.

Marshall got up and grabbed his stuff and left the room with me. We haven't really spoke much to be honest, I just keep my distance ,but I still have to be within a distance ,because I need to make sure nothing happens to him.

"Soph whats wrong?" Marshall asked with concern.

"Nothing is particularly wrong Marshall, my english teacher just threatened me, now I will make his life hell"

"Shit. As if he threatened you though. Then again, he is a dick"

"I'm going go key his car ,then we can go back Gaz's .I don't want to leave either of us on our own, bad shit could happen"

"Ok" he smiled and we walked out to the car park. There was only like 40minutes left of school anyway ,so may as well go home. I found his car and dragged Gaz's house key across all of the side. Just a warning.

We started to then make our way to Gaz's, it was silent. Marshall looked as though he was thinking of something to say ,but didn't make eye contact with me. He then stopped in front of me and look down to me and just hugged me.

These moments are probably the best moments to experience. Where you can hug someone and not say anything, but it is louder than any words could ever be. You feel how the other person feels. You feel safe, loved, happy and all other emotions.

He pulled out from the hug and smiled at me and started to walk again. I walked along side him. I don't know how I felt about anything. I decided to just pull out a cigarette and light it up.

"You know, you care about people so much. One day if someone you care so much about just ends up leaving you, you will feel like nothing means anything. You will become emotionless, you will lose trust in all people. Then one day, someone else will come along and you find yourself starting to care about them ,but you will hold back ,because you don't want to get hurt again"  I didn't know what to say, Marshall just came out with that, he is probably right as well. "Sophie, I want you to know that even if i'm not there one day, for some reason, if you honestly, truly need me, Marshall will be deep down within me, you know how to get through to me." His voice was filled with Promise.

"Never lose sight of who you are, then I will never have to" I smiled, making eye contact.

"Only time can decide what happens Soph" he sighed.

"As long as everyone is here ,we will be fine marshiebear" I grabbed his hand and squeezed it, happy.

We carried on walking ,but after 20 minutes of walking I was bored.

"Come gym with me?" I suggested.

"You aint got your gym clothes" he laughed.

"Babe, I always got my gym shit, in my bag" I laughed.

"I haven't got mine" he frowned.

"I have" I laughed again. "Knew I would need it at some point, come on" I grinned.