Chapter Twenty-Nine

No POV

October 17th 1988.
Marshall's 16th birthday.

"Lighten up man" DeShaun frowned hitting Marshall's arm ,who was upset about Sophie not turning up.

"I didn't mean it" Marshall almost cried to DeShaun, about what he said to Sophie yesterday.

Sophie sat at home with a spliff in her mouth, she was upset about Marshall.

She suddenly made a choice to just go, stoned or not, she knew she couldn't miss his birthday.

Sophie made her way to Blake's where the party was been held. She then suddenly burst through the door, tripping in the process. Everyones attention was on her, Marshall been one of them.

Marshall was over the moon, why would she forgive him after all the shit he has put her through? Maybe she hadn't forgiven him yet, but Marshall was determined she would.

Sophie just lay on the floor, head facing down with no movement. What was the point in her moving? She wouldn't of been able to get up ,she is too high.

Marshall obviously noticed her none movement and was the first to help her up ,and to the chair to sit down. It was only now when Marshall helped her up and held her ,that he truly realised he may love her.

Sophie ,on the other hand ,isn't sure where she stands with Marshall anymore, sometimes she doesn't even see him as a close friend anymore.

They both knew they always over reacted but Marshall only does it because he cares and Sophie, because she has been through too much shit to even care.

They both just looked into each others eyes, no words been spoke. DeShaun obviously noticed this, he knew they liked each other, it was obvious ,but Marshall is still getting shit off of Kim.

Marshall was 100% sober because he refused to drink until Sophie came. Sophie on the other hand was so stoned she hardly knew what was actually going on.

Marshall then did something he didn't even see coming, he kissed her. The room fell silent ,apart from the loud music blasting in the next room.

DeShaun dropped his drink and gasped. Kimberly, who no one actually noticed was here, ran up to Sophie and smashed her glass bear bottle over her head, knocking her out cold.

People grabbed Kim and threw her out and ran over to Sophie. Marshall got quite a bit of the impact of glass ,but he didn't even care right now.

"Fuck sakes, she is always fucking drunk or stoned when bad shit happens" Marshall said in frustration ,hugging her. At least she was stoned and wouldn't really feel pain from it.

It actually only took about 10 minutes for Sophie to come through and when she did she was rested on Marshall. "Go have a fucking drink you bum" Sophie laughed, getting up ,scaring Marshall in the process.

Marshall was amazed she just woke up and didn't ask any questions. With what Sophie said, Marshall did then decided to have a drink, and then another and another, until his body couldn't take it and he passed out. This was also the same for Sophie, you shouldn't drink and do drugs at the same time right? Well she was anyway and she was loving it. However, she also passed out not to long after Marshall.