Chapter forty five

Sophie's POV

"Guy's i've got it.." I grinned coming up with an idea. "We play along, he won't kill me yet! He can't because my dad hasn't seen me break down. The only reason Jason was going to kill me was because he hated me with a passion and was pissed I had put his friend in jail, it was never my dads plan to kill me yet. When I went to see him, he had this searching look in his eyes with every word he said, he wanted me to break down, he hated that I hadn't let him win! He has been using someone I trusted this whole time, someone I never expected. What i'm saying is, we need to make my dad and Baz think that we are still unaware of all of this. We need to get him to a quiet place and have a chat with him"

"Soph, this could go so wrong" Marshall sighed.

"Antonio has a L96A1, I can use that"

Jay's face dropped and looked at Antonio, he got up and walked into the front of the gym. Antonio looked at me and shrugged.

"You can use the gun" he smiled. Marshall started to say something but I didn't listen and got up and walked into Jay ,who was sat down.

"Halstead?" I asked him what was wrong, without saying it.

"You are going to use the last part of you, If you kill someone else. Why not just go and talk to this barry dude and do what you said, but get a recorded confession. Then we can take him down and take him in"

"I'm glad I met you"  I gave him a smiled and hugged him. "Go back to the lads and explain what is happening, I'm just going for smoke" Jay nodded and walked in to the guys.

I lit up a fag outside and started to walk to the pub. I've got the amount of time it takes me to smoke this before they get suspicious and come looking for me. I finished my cigarette and ran the rest of the way to the pub. I walked in and the smell of alcohol and smoke was strong.

"There she is" Baz laughed.

"Why'd you agree to it Baz?" His face dropped. He stood looking at me, provessing what I had just said.

"He offered me a lot of money" He sighed.

"What the fuck? Dude you are 26 years old, why would you agree to this! Would you really kill me?"

"I never expected us to get so close Soph" he frowned. "Can we talk in the back?"

"So what, you can kill me? Guns, remove them and the knife strapped to your ankle"

"How did you know they were there?" he shrugged removing his stuff. "Figured me out?"

"I also have a gun, try anything, I shoot you"

"I've got the message, now please, can we just talk?" I nodded and we walked into the back.

" when did you agree to all this?" I frowned ,once we were sat in the back.

"How long have you been coming here?"

"Almost 2 years"

"About a year and a half ago, he knew you spent time in here and I was broke, I just got a job here and he offered me $500,000 to just watch you, and feed back what you did. I very rarely mentioned you had been in. I only ever told him that you just drank and didn't talk. I didn't want us to get close Soph" his voice broke with ever word.

"Listen very closely! You are going to go and visit my dad, you are going to say you shot me and it will take a week or so for anyone to find me because you hid the body, you get your money and have no contact with him again. Do this tonight, because i've got people who know about you. 2 of them want to put a bullet through your head"

"Shit, i'm leaving now. I'm sorry again Soph see you later" he apologised about to run off.

"Go through the back, Antonio, Marshall and Jay will be here in a second" he nodded and left. I also left through the back door and ran down to Gaz's.