Chapter Thirty-Five

Sophie POV

"Hello Sophie, how are you today?" A nurse asked.

"I need a fag" I huffed.

"You're 15 years old!" She said ,shocked.

"And you are, i'm going to say, 27. Now, what's your point?"

" you should not be smoking!"

"So ,looking at the color of your skin and teeth and your wrinkles, i'm going to say you used to smoke, quit about 9 months ago. You have been smoking since 14. So don't tell me what not to do" I grinned.

"You should be a profiler at the FBI" she grinned. "And i'm sorry, I can't let you, because of the operations and medication you've had to be put on"

"Look, whatever your name is, you know damn well i'm on no medication, stop bullshittin' me and pick up your folder that actually tells you why i'm here. Two fucking weeks ,no one has let me move! They only just let me go for a piss, good fucking job my bladders good, because I aint pissing in one of them whatever they are! When can I leave?"

"No time soon, I think" she stuttered, unsure.

"Go get someone who knows shit!"

"K" she said, Leaving.

The door opened again ,but I had my eyes closed. I was so fed up with this place.

"So do you know shit?" I asked, huffing.

"I like to think so girll"he laughed. I turned to see DeShaun.

"Proof?"

"All day ,everyday kidda"

"Where the fuck you been?"

"I was with your brother a lot this week..."

"So?"

"He isn't allowed to go and see your dad, so I did"

"Fuck you DeShaun Holton! Fuck you! Why can't you all just leave it!" I bit down on my lip, I was so angry.

"Oh i'm sorry my bestfriend ,practically family member, is being hunted by some killer because of her father!"

"Yes ,but Michael already spoke to him about that, there is no point! Leave it"

"I do what I want babe" Hr shrugged.

"Fuck you!"

"Whatever Sophie!"

"Where's Marshall?" I suddenly remember he hasn't been here all week.

"Ermm..." He darted his eyes away from me.

"Proof!!" i demanded.

"He.."

"Dude!" I shouted, growing impatient.

"At Blakes.. He's finding everything hard Soph"

"What do you mean?" I furrowed my eyebrows

"He's been erm-"

"Proof ,you said you wouldn't tell her!" Marshall cut in ,who has apparently been at the door.

"Tell me!" I demanded.

"I will leave you two alone" De said ,leaving.

"Marshall?" I questioned.

His faced dropped, he fell to the floor next to my bed and cried, he held my hand with both of his, very tightly. He looked me in the eyes, I couldn't look at him, I couldn't see him cry, I could see the pain.

"I love you princess!" He cried.

"Marshall, what's wrong?"

"You're not safe anywhere Soph, he knocked on my door, he told me you're not safe, you will die by the end of this year. He knew everything, your mothers address, your brothers, mine, proofs, Blakes. My mom kicked me out to keep herself and Nate safe ,which is fair enough, but I can't keep dossing at proof ,so I try to stay away as much as I can. I don't know how to deal with it all, Soph .I cut myself, I fucked up my knuckle and it made me feel better and I get why you did it and I don't want to ,I want you to be ok Soph!" He cried ,making little sense.

"Hey ,hey ,hey, Marshiebear! Calm down! I promise you, you're safe! You will be ok, I will sort this out, I will be fine ,nothing to worry about. Does he know where Jame and Gaz live?"

"He didn't actually say if he knew where they lived."

"Erm Sophie?" A male doctor announced, walking in. "Oh sorry I can come back?"

" no it's ok ,whats up?"

"Your file says you could of left two days ago ,so I will just need a parent or Guardian to sign you out"

"I don't really have one at the moment, but you can call my mom and she will agree to let me go"

"Ok miss, I will come to you later then"

"Thanks" I nodded and he left. " right look, you stay with me until I can leave. Then we go to Gaz, I think it's time he get's Jamie call the guys and to tell them to bring their guns and knives and shit. We will be ok"

"So stay at Gaz's? I don't know him though.."

" what have I told you? Trust me"

"I hope you got this one Soph!"

" I have, show me what you did to yourself Marshall" I sighed and he stood up and lifted his top up. Scars everywhere, I now saw his hand was black and blue.

I moved my blanket and moved slowly out of my bed, the side Marshall wasn't, I got up and walked to the small bathroom area linked with my room.

I splashed water on my face and took deep breaths. I walked back out of the room and Marshall was looking at his feet.

I walked up to him and hugged him gently, so I didn't scare him or hurt myself.

"Babe, it will be ok, I promise you. We got this B, I will be here for you until the day I die, even when that day comes i'll be looking down on you, forever and always"

"Forever and always" he smiled ,kissing my forehead.

"You know Marshiebear, hurting yourself solves nothing. It feels good at the time, as in mental pain is replaced by the physical pain ,but when that pain is gone the mental pain is still there then you think about hurting yourself again and it's like a never ending cycle, which is hard to stop. At the end of it ,all you are left with is a load of visible scars, that never helped you to control the mental pain. Marshall you are an amazing artist and an amazing rapper, use that as your escape, talk to me about it. Then it will all be fine!"

"Thank you,You should take your own advice you know"

"I'm working on it" I smiled.

"Sophie, you are free to go" the male doctor announced ,walking in.

"Thank you so much!" I grinned " Marshall, lets do this!"