Chapter Thirty-Three

Sophie's POV

"you shit me up!" I complained, straight faced.

"So sorry" Gaz apologised ,trying not to laugh.

"Gaz you are a dick! There is a pretty girl lying in hospital, requesting to see you and you are not going to ask her what happened!?" Jamie gasped, slapping Gaz across the back of his head.

"I did ask her" he smirked.

"Ok! Let me rephrase, ask her without scaring her half to death" Jaime rolled his eyes.

"Yeah shit, sorry Soph. What happened?" Gaz finally calmed down.

"Who cares" I laughed. "just wanted to see you" I grinned.

"May I ask why you asked for me too? I mean ,I didn't even think you knew I existed" Jamie added.

"Soph ,we will all come back in about an hour yeah?" Marshall said and everyone ,bar Jamie and Gaz ,nodded.

"Yeah ,see you later" I smiled and they left.

"I had this dream. I was walking, freezing my ass off, I heard this loud music. I made my way up to the front door and just walked straight in. There you stood, off your face, staring at me. A broken 13 year old girl, busted lip, a limp, swollen eyes from crying, red faced from the winter air. Saying nothing, you walked over and took my hand, guiding me out of the room. I wasn't scared, dying would only be a bonus in this time. You got the first aid kit out and just cleaned me. No words exchanged, no questions were asked. There you were, high as a kite. A 17 year old boy, his home full of people of all ages, helping a fucked up 13 year old girl. I smoked a joint that night, my troubles gone for the first time in a long time. In this dream though, I left that house and felt so alive again. I walked to the lake and let myself go, I let all of that pain go. Then someone stopped me from sinking, then I woke up in this bed"

"I think about you a lot you know, why have you never actually told me that your dad abuses you?" Gaz questioned ,curiously.

"Abused. He is in prison now. I just never told anyone, no one noticed or asked questions, so I just never brought it up in conversation" I smiled.

"Good job the dicks in prison! You used to just cry to me and never tell me why. I never wanted to hug or touch you ,in case I hurt you. I just wanted you to tell me so I could help you! I wanted you to ask for my help! I never mentioned it ,because I never wanted to upset you" Gaz was basically close to tears and I was just sitting looking at the celling.

To tell him about the sexual abuse or not? I mean I don't want sympathy in any way so best not to tell him. Gaz helped me through all of that, he made me feel like I could live again, after my father took everything from me.

"What you thinking about?" He then asked.

"Nothing" I smiled.

"Why lie to me?" He sighed.

"Just thinking about erm... nope I got nothing!" I nervously laughed. Gaz saw straight through me. He was the one person who could read me like a book, the one person who I could talk to in my life, until Marshall and the guys.

"So tell me then!"

"He sexually abused me, no big deal though" I laughed, chewing the insides of my mouth. He stood and looked at me, straight faced, barley breathing. He took a deep breath and turned and walked out of the room.

I turned to look at Jamie for some help, but he sat there with no emotion or movement. He stood up and also took a deep breath ready to leave, but I reached out to grab him.