Chapter Forty

Sophie's POV

"Gaz, they won't be back" I announced walking in.

"I knew you could scare them off kidda" he laughed as I walked into the room with Antonio.

He stood for a moment and eyed Antonio up and down. He pulled out his gun and pointed it towards me  ,and Antonia immediately pulled his out and pointed it at Gaz. Gaz smiled and put his gun down.

"He saved your ass ,didn't he?" Gaz laughed.

"Gaz, this is Antonio Dawson, Antonio this is Gaz" I introduced.

"Right before we get all cosy, Dawson, how old are you?"

"18" He smiled.

"You got a bit of an accent on you, where you from?"

"Born in Manhattan, raised in Clifton, New Jersey. Parents are Puerto Ricans, so basically i've got an odd accent."

"It's fit ,not going to lie" I smiled up at him, he is only 5'9 but he is still taler than me.

"Ay! Soph, stop hitting on everyone ,yeah?" Gaz huffed.

"He has a gorgeous accent, just saying" I rolled my eyes. "Where's Marshall?"

"Pub down the road"

"Ahh good ,because I owe Antonio here a drink"

"Yeah ,see ya in a bit kiddo" Gaz nodded and me and Antonio left.

"So what drags you to Detroit?" I asked.

"Got pissed off, got in my car and nearly 5 hours later, found myself in detroit"

"You will have to explain it all sometime ,i'm curious. Yo ,in here" I motioned to the pub and he walked in.

"Underaged!" Someone shouted.

"Oi ,he's with me" I rolled my eyes.

"Sorry Soph, vodka shots?"

"5 for me ,3 from Antonio, 2 for Marshall" I smiled to Baz.

"What happened to the beer?" Antonio laughed, his accent is so nice.

"Ah ,let loose kid, it's christmas in a week, my present to you"

"Ah ,what the hell" he grinned.

I lined 3 of mine up and Antonio's 3 and we downed them all back. I love the feeling of my throat burning, getting knocked back a bit.

"Marshall? Slow down!" I gasped ,as he had now ordered more shots and in total had downed 6 ,plus his 2 beers, from before we got here.

"I'm fucking done Soph" he huffed.

"Lets leave, now" I ordered.

"Fuck that!" He snarled.

"Marshall ,now!" I demanded, downing my two shots.

"Kid, come on. I know where you can let all that anger and pain out" Antonio said.

"Who the actual fuck are you?" He asked.

"Antonio. You don't care anyways. Move it!" Antonio ordered. Marshall, who looked slightly intimidated, got up in a moody manor.

We left the pub and started to walk, Marshall tripping a little when getting up. I sighed and walked up to him, putting his arm over my shoulder, guiding him.

"You drank more vodka before we came ,didn't you" I sighed ,looking up at him.

"Yup" he laughed.

We followed Antonio out of the bar door. The streets were oddly quiet. Then again, it is cold ,so it is very understandable. It is midday and is hitting about 32 degrees fahrenheit, fucking freezing man!

We carried on walking on the long flat road, Antonio a bit in front of us ,leading the way. Marshall looked down as fuck. It honestly was quite worrying.

"Marshall" I whispered ,nudging him, "Babe?" He looked down at me and just sort of nodded his head ,as if to say 'yeah, whats up'. I sighed and frowned at him. "What's wrong?"

"Soph, that point, the point you got to so many times, I just want it to end, fuck it"

"Don't" I shook my head at him. Antonio came to a stop, turning and smiling at us.

"How the fuck have I never seen this?" I laughed ,looking up to a big building for freestyle boxing.

"Not many people do, it's quiet, it's nice to be here. Only a few people i've seen here to be honest" Antonio smiled ,walking in.

We all got a pair of gloves and walked to the boxing bags. I think I scared Marshall and Antonio, because I just walked straight up and hit it ,hard.

Antonio has good posture, he stood like you do when you properly fight. His body was fully into it, he took a hard punch ,one after another, this kid has anger.

Marshall went from looking like he was going to have an emotional breakdown ,to looking like he was going to kill someone. He hit it ,again and again and again, you could see his body relax, his muscles loosen, his happiness slowly return.

Antonio looked at him and looked at me, just nodding, I smiled and began punching the bag again.

All of the son of a bitches after my friends are going to fucking get it! I took a hard whack at the bag as I felt everything escape. This is for the bitches and people who made Marshall feel like this. This is for the bullshit known as life.

"Babe" Marshall smiled grabbing my arm mid punch, he had taken his glove off previously and he lowered my arm. He gave me a loving ,thankful hug. He looked me in the eye and smiled.

"Forever and always?"

"You know it babe" He smiled back and gave me a quick soft kiss.

" so Antonio right?" Marshall confirmed turning around. "How'd you two meet?"

"He saved my arse" I laughed.

"Everyone is always saving your arse" he rolled his eyes and walked up to Antonio and did that strange man hug men do.

I just laughed and continued to punch, still a lot of feelings in me, I like being emotionless.

This is so much less pain than punching walls, less blood too. I should take this up as a sport, I should take up basket ball too but neither will probably happen.

"Marshall, grab them pads and pass em here" I said.

He picked up the pads and handed them to me and I took off my gloves and put them on. I put my arms up in the position.

"Punch em" He did so, surprisingly good. "Left, left" he did. "Right" "duck"

I put my pads down and looked at him. "You done this before?"

"Yeah ,me and Ronnie use to mess about, have you done this before?"

"Yeah use to do it with lads at the gym, they stopped doing it because once I start, I don't stop. Then when I couldn't use that to get my anger out, I was at the gym every time I could, when I got diagnosed with anorexia, I had to stop, then I started to deal drugs to get money for food! Wish I knew about this place, like honestly, would of helped me so fuckin' much" I explained. Antonio looked at me funny, confused almost. "Dawson, babe, we got a lot of getting to know one another"

"Will I find out why those two twats almost put a bullet through your head then?"

"Ah yeah, that is just one of many funny stories" I smirked. "Shit" I cursed, once the place had gone quiet, before they could even ask questions, I ran out of the place.