Chapter Forty-Three

Sophie's POV

All we have done today is sit in the living room, getting to know bugz and watching MTV. It was pretty late now, everything was pretty quiet, until someone knocked on the door.

"I got it" I yawned ,getting up ,walking to the door. I opened it up and was faced with Antonio. "Yo, what you doing back?"

"They didn't tell you then?" He asked and Marshall appeared behind me. I saw him shake his head.

"Tell me what exactly?!" I was a bit pissed off at the fact they kept something from me.

"Soph.. Erm. Antonio looked into your dads mate and.." Marshall started. He sounded scared, like I was going to flip at him.

"Jason Bennet. So, turns out he has a 'safe house'. Also, turns out he is one of my lads cousins. My mate said that Jason is sick in the head, but he still keeps contact with him. He is going to arrange to see him and find some shit out. I went to see your dad, thats where I found out the name. I was speaking to one of the guards, your dad is getting hell in there. Someone let it slip at what he did, which Soph, I am so so sorry to hear! Yeah, so they have been beating the shit out of him! Which means the guy is going to come at you twice as hard, his words ,not mine" Antonio explained.

"I need to go for a walk" I said, walking out of the front door. I was in sweats and a gym top, because we have chilled all day. I walked up to the boxing place we were at yesterday. I expected it to be empty ,but one person was going at it, hard.

As soon as he noticed me he stopped and looked at me. "I expected an Antonio, this is unusual" he laughed.

"I haven't seen you in Detroit before. Also, I know Antonio, he showed me this place"I smiled ,picking up some gloves.

" I hide, being white and all. Live up warren way ,but I basically am always down here these days. You look tense, want me to help you get it out?"

"Let me hit a few up and you can help me then" I agreed and he nodded. I hit the bag a lot, I couldn't stop, it reminds me of that time I beat up Dawn and Kim, i'm fucking vile man.

I felt his hand on my shoulder to stop me. I dropped my arms and sat down on the floor. I took off my gloves and put them next to me.

"My name's Jay Halstead by the way, i've known Dawson a while now"

"I'm Sophie Brookes, call me Soph or whatever. Antonio saved my ass yesterday, only just met him, he showed me this place"

"Not many people know about it, it's nice here" he smiled and sat on the floor next to me.

"If someone nearly killed you and is still after you, would you do everything you could to catch and kill the person?" I asked.

"I would! Damn right! Why, that happening to you?"

"Yeah and Antonio just showed up with dirt on the guy. I'm pretty sure him and my mates are planning on killing him"

"Maybe it's best then. Come on ,I think you need go talk to them. I will walk where you are going" he smiled and got up and helped me up.

We put everything back and walked outside. We started to walk up the road and I saw Jay got suspicious.

"Soph just smile and pretend you are in a normal conversation ,laugh or whatever" he started and I did. " someone across the road looks like he's following us. Just glance"

I glanced across the road ,without making it obvious. "That's the guy" 

"No way. He has a gun!"

I pulled out my gun and turned quick and aimed it. Before he could even get his gun up, I shot.  He fell to the floor, it was dark anyway so not many people were out. I ran across the road and shot again to make sure he was definitely dead.

I bent down and checked for his pulse. "He's dead" I just killed him, I won, what?

"Come on, let's go. Leave him" Jay said, we started to walk again.

Once at the house I walked in with Jay behind me. I walked into the living room, where they all looked to be in deep conversation, but shut up when I walked in.

"I killed him" I stated and Jay joined my side. Antonio looked confused that Jay was here and everyone looked taken back to what I said.

"You what?" Marshall questioned.

"He's dead, I actually got him guys. I told you it would end soon Marshall" I grinned. He jumped up and hugged me tightly.

Everyone was happy, calm and confused. We all sat down ,including Jay, and made conversation.