37. *Rescuing Maya*

Massimo's P.O.V

I saw Dino going back upstairs. After what he just said to his man I couldn't just let him go back to that room where he was keeping Maya.

"You guys better start with the plan because I'm seconds away from going after him!" I said through gritted teeths. I saw Liam nodding to one of our men to which he nodded back and went to do his part. All of a sudden lights went out and people started to murmur.

"I'm going now." Came Enzo's voice through earpiece. As I heard him it was my cue to go after that bastard. So I started walking towards the stairs. Since the lights were out and it was dark, none of his men could see me going upstairs.

I stepped upstairs, my jaw was clenching, fists were tightened. There was a rush going on inside my body and I just wanted him to pay for his sins!

Maya's P.O.V

I was sitting on the bed, thinking about something anything that could help me into getting out of there when all of a sudden lights went out. Did I mention I was afraid of dark? Well one of the reasons of me getting panic attack was because of darkness. 'It's nothing. It's just electricity, lights went out. It's normal.' I said to myself as I tried to not feel overwhelmed because of darkness.

It reminded me of that night at Massimo's mansion when an intruder had barged inside my room at night. How I had gotten scared, his words that I didn't understand, his dark voice - wait, his voice...I know this voice! My eyes widened as realization hit me. It was the same voice as Dino! The same hard voice, the different language! Oh my god....

My hand involuntary covered my mouth as my subconscious mind confirmed my doubt. Dino was the man who had barged into my room that night! If the darkness wasn't enough for me to panic the new found information surely was! I immediately stood up from the bed as I tried to walk towards the door in darkness. As the handle touched my hand I tried to open it but to my dismay it was locked. Of course he'd lock it!

My chest was now heaving because I could feel difficulty in breathing. I tried to calm myself down but I knew I was seconds away from getting a panic attack. If I wanted to calm down I needed to go in open space or see some light. But since I was locked inside I was helpless.

I tried to divert my mind and to not think about the possibility of why he'd kidnap me and if he was the same man who had come that night, then what did he want?! All of a sudden I heard the door being jerked which made me jump back as I got startled. 'Oh my god he's returned!' I thought in mind as I took steps back and stared at the door.

After a while the door got opened with a thud and I was confused as to why would he open it like this. He had locked it by himself, he could've easily opened it. I gulped as I saw a silhouette standing by the door. Since it was still dark I couldn't see his face. As he started to walk inside my steps started to back away on its own.

My steps falter as the back of my knees collided with what felt like a table. I lost my balance and was about to fall when I felt arms circling around me, making me not to fall. Involuntary my arms got wrapped around him. I shut my eyes closely as I could feel his breath on my face and I didn't want to look at him.

But what I heard next made my eyes snapped open. "Ciao tesoro." I had never felt that much relieved in my life that I felt in that very moment. In front of me was my non-biological brother.
(Hello darling/treasure)