63. *The Talk*

Massimo's P.O.V

One moment I was talking to Enzo and the next moment I heard a frantic voice, it was calling the doctors and the nurse. As I looked towards Maya's room I realised that it was coming from there. So I didn't waste any single second and immediately rushed there.

"What happened?" I asked to no one in particular as my eyes went straight towards her to check if she was alright or if something happened to her.

"I just I just saw moment, her eyelids they were moving." Said Bianca while pointing towards her eyes.

I was now standing right near her bed, my face in her direct line of vision. If she were to open her eyes, my face would've been the first she'd see.

Right after that two nurses and a doctor came, it was Dr. Campbell aka Mason. He only gave me a brief look and went straight to check for her vitals. He first checked her pulse and then was about to check her eyes when I saw moment behind her eyelids as well.

Out of instinct I moved forward which made Dr. Campbell to retrieve his hand back. My eyes were fixed on her face as I waited for her to finally open her eyes. After what felt like hours, she managed to open her eyes a bit but because of the bright light in the room she immediately closed them back.

I moved my head as I tried to block the lights from coming direct onto her eyes. I saw her trying to open her eyes again, this time slowly. At first it was just a bit and then finally she managed to open her eyes fully. And as I had said, her eyes fell straight onto my face.

I didn't know what it felt like when you got back to life after almost dying, but as I was looking into her eyes, her eyes that were looking back into mine, at that moment I felt like I just got my oxygen back.

I just kept looking at her, into her eyes. It was as if I was under some spell that her eyes had put me in.

"Grazie a Dio" I unknowingly murmured to myself. It was surprising because I couldn't remember when was the last time I had thanked god for something.
(Thank god)

"If you all could just give her some space and not hover over her like this," Dr. Campbell aka Mason said as he briefly eyed me. "...then I'd like to check her vitals please." To this I reluctantly moved back giving him the space so he could examine her, but my eyes didn't leave her, they were still on her.

Behind me I could hear Hana, Enzo and Maya's friends, they were all very happy and thanking god now that Maya was finally up from coma.

I saw Dr. Campbell backing away from Maya as he noted down her vitals. He turned around as we all looked at him expectantly.

"Her vitals are all normal." Was all he said and then smiled at Maya's friends. "She's absolutely fine now, just need some time for recovery." As he said that both the friends hugged each other while thanking god repeatedly.

I sighed heavily as I looked down at Maya again for her to already looking at me. She immediately looked away when our eyes met, it was as if she wasn't supposed to get caught.

I saw her eyes going wide and when I looked where she was looking, surely it was Bianca and Amanda her two best friends from America. She blinked her eyes repeatedly, probably thinking that she was hallucinating or something.