46. *Care*

Maya's P.O.V

The car halted as we finally reached back to the mansion. I wasn't completely asleep but my eyes were closed. I heard the opening & closing of door and then footsteps approaching my side. The door to my side got opened. I stirred in my seat as I felt hands around me, lifting me up and then he started walking with me in his arms. I kept my eyes close as I rested my head on his chest. I didn't have to open my eyes to see him. I knew it was Massimo.

"You can now open your eyes. We've reached your room." After a while came Massimo's voice. I bit down on my lip as I opened my eyes and sure enough we were now standing outside my room.

With me still in his arms he pushed the door open. I thought he'd put me down but he kept walking inside and then turned towards the bathroom. I kept quiet as he took me inside the bathroom and then gently made me sit on the washroom's counter slab.

I looked at him curiously as he then started to look into cupboards. A small smile came up on my lips when I saw a first-aid kit in his hands. He put the kit on the slab and then went on to wet a cloth with water.

"There's still some dried blood and dust on your face." He said as he took the wet cloth and started dabbing it gently on my face. My eyes were on him as he cleaned my face. His eyes then fell on me as he now started cleaning the area around my neck. Keeping his gaze only on my eyes he moved the wet cloth over my shoulders, to my collarbone and down to my cleavage. I looked away as I started to feel kinda overwhelmed because of the way he was looking at me.

He cleared his throat as he put the wet cloth aside. "You got a little-" He said as he gestured towards my temple. My hand went over the area and I felt a little scratch. 'Must've got it when that man put his gun over my temple.'

I saw him taking the first-aid kit. He opened it and took out a bottle of antiseptic liquid. With the help of cotton he dabbed a little bit of antiseptic over there. I hissed a little as it burned on my scratchy skin. He immediately took his hand back when I hissed. "It's alright." I smiled slightly at him. He bent a little forward as he now started blowing air over that area. I wouldn't lie, his caring gesture did make my heart flutter.

When he was done he backed away from me as he threw the cotton away into the dustbin and put the first-aid kit back in its place. I pouted inwardly because of the distance gap between us now. I stood up from the washroom slab.

We stood in the middle of the washroom, looking at each other. Massimo cleared his throat. "You should change your clothes and then go to bed." As he said that my tummy chose that moment to growl. I slightly blushed. "Actually, just change don't go to bed just yet." And with a final look he walked out of the bathroom.

I turned around and as I looked at myself in the mirror only then I realised that I needed to not just change my clothes but also to shower. Even though Massimo had already cleaned my face but I still needed to shower. So, I immediately took a small needed shower and made sure to clean myself a bit with soap.

I towel dried my hair as I put a bathrobe on and then walked out of the room. But my steps soon halted when I saw Massimo there. He was standing in the middle  of the room backing me. 'I thought he went back.'

He must've sensed my presence as he then turned around. "I figured since you must be hungr--" His words halted as he looked at me. His mouth that was a little opened he closed it immediately and then cleared his throat. "I've brought you some food since you seemed hungry." He said while trying to keep his eyes on my face only. 'What's the matter?'