22. *Mysterious Envelope*

Maya's P.O.V

Okay so I didn't care if I looked like a kid because of how excited I had gotten but duh it was an amusement park and who doesn't like going to one!

I heard Marcos chuckling by my side but I didn't acknowledge it because I was busy gawking at my surroundings. I was just walking and I wasn't even looking if they were following me or not because all I could see right now was how fun this place looked! We had just reached inside and I could just tell how massive this place was and I couldn't wait to explore this place and not to forget about the rides!

"Looks like we made a right choice by planning on coming to this amusement park." Marcelo said. This caught my attention and I looked at him. I still had a wide smile on my face and I could tell that my eyes were probably twinkling with joy.

"Woah! Ok well I knew how much girls love all 'this stuff' but I didn't know you'd become this much happy by coming here." Marcos said. He must've seen how much excited I looked. "You look like a small girl who's seeing an amusement park for the first time in her life." He joked.

My smile faltered a bit at what he said but then it was back again, though the small action didn't go unnoticed by him. He looked at me funnily to which I gave him a sheepish smile.

"I um I've actually never been to an amusement park before in my life." I told him. "It's my first time being here to an amusement park."

I noticed how both Marcos and Marcelo were looking at me as if I said something impossible. I furrowed my eyebrows at them.

"You've never been to an amusement park before?" Marcelo asked in disbelief.

"That's what I just said." I said a little irritatingly. 'What's the big deal in that?'

"Well, it's kind of unusual. I mean everyone has once if not more been to an amusement park." This time it was Marcos.

"Yeah he's right. That's why I asked. I mean that's where parents mostly take their kids for fun & amusement." Marcelo said. I felt my heart tightened at the mention of parents but I tried to not give any reaction.

"Well, I've always been a studious kind of a girl since my childhood." I said. "And you can't just top every year of your school without hardworking, so that's why I never actually got time for going to an amusement park." I lied. Well it was a half lie because even though I excluded the part of telling them about my parents but being studious and always engrossed in studies wasn't a lie. I mean that was how I had become a nurse.

"Why is this not hard to believe?" Marcelo teased. "Well, it's a good thing then that we chose to come here today. You're going to have so much fun." I sighed inwardly. Thank god they didn't ask me any questions.

Massimo's P.O.V

I felt my lips twitched at how she was looking around. She'd walk around looking at each and every stall/shop. Her eyes were twinkling with joy and that smile it had been there since we entered and I was afraid it was going to hurt if she kept smiling like this but her wide smile never faltered even once.

Well, it did faltered but it was when Marcelo asked her about how it was possible to not being to an amusement park. I had seen a flash of sadness in her eyes even though it was for a second and I knew what was the reason behind that. I knew she didn't have parents growing up. I knew that she had spent her life into an orphanage until she got to a certain legal age.