23. *Getting Hot In Here*

Maya's P.O.V

It had been 2 days since the incident that had happened in the amusement park. To say I had gotten scared would be an understatement. One moment I was looking excitedly at the rides and the next moment a loud bang was sounded.

When we reached back home I wanted to ask Marcelo or Marcos about what had happened and they must've sensed it beforehand because they then assured me that it was nothing unusual since Massimo was a very powerful man and everyone wanted to take him down. I found it strange and inhuman. How could someone take a person's life just because he was strong and powerful. No wonder people were losing their humanity just for their greed for more power and money.

I also came to know that he was their original target but he somehow managed to dodge the bullet and it hit someone who was standing behind him. I knew I shouldn't think about an innocent person getting injured but I couldn't help but to feel relieved knowing that he didn't get shot. 'Oh so now you care about your kidnapper?'

I knew he was a cold-hearted bastard but I couldn't deny the fact that he cared for his family even if he didn't show it. Even though he would never let others see what was in his mind but during that incident I noticed his eyes getting a little vulnerable when he sensed danger towards his brothers' lives. Also, he might be a ruthless, cold-hearted person but the way he hugged me back and consoled me, it made me feel safe in his arms!
'Feeling safe in the arms of your kidnapper!'

Since that day I also noticed few changes in his behaviour. He had always been this strange but now he had become even more strange. I didn't know if I was being delusional but I'd feel like as if his eyes were always on me. Whether it was in the dining area, living room or even when we were just passing by, I would always feel like he was watching me and the weird thing was it didn't give me creepy vibes instead I'd feel unfamiliar sensation whenever he'd look at me with his dark brown orbes.

Right now I was inside his mansion's game room along with Enzo, Marcos and Marcelo. Since that incident not once did they mention again about going out and to be honest I didn't mind. It was better to be inside and have fun with them. They were great companies anyways.

"I'm getting bored. Let's do something fun!" Marcelo asked as he stretched his limbs.

"We are having fun in this game room. What else do you want to do?" Marcos asked.

"I know but I don't feel like playing these games anymore. Same old." Marcelo grumbled.

"So what else do you suggest then?" Enzo asked.

"Should we watch a movie?" I suggested even though watching a movie was not that much fun.

"Neh. It isn't fun. Just sit there and watch a movie. No fun in that!" Marcelo grumbled again.

"Then what do you suggest?" Marcos asked.

"I don't know." He said. We all gave him a look to which he said "What?"

"If you don't have anything in mind so just shut up and stop whining like a child." Marcos said.

We sat their in silence, continued playing games that we had been for past 2 hours. I could tell that no one was having fun anymore, we all had gotten bored playing same games again and again.