3. *An Evil Plan*

Maya's P.O.V

It was Saturday morning, I woke up at around 7 a.m. My shift started at 8 so I started getting ready. Normally weekends were usually non-working days but in my profession I got to work on Saturdays as well even though for half day. It took me half an hour to get ready and then another half an hour to reach to the hospital. Since I still didn't have my car with me so I had to use the bus again but this time I took an umbrella with me so that if it rains again like yesterday I would be prepared this time.

As I reached the hospital I rushed towards the reception area as I was almost late thanks to the bus driver who thought it would be ok to drive on the wrong side!. It was less than 2 minutes till 8, I was literally running and people were giving me weird looks to which I just smiled sheepishly. I thanked all the gods above as I marked my attendance by tapping my ID card on that electronic thingy just in time. Pheww!

The thing was we were
allowed to be late for only once in a week and if we got late more than once then they could fine us. Ridiculous! I know. And since I had already got late once when I accidentally crashed my car into a pole so I couldn't afford being late again. I really need my car back if I don't want to get late! I thought in mind.

"On time I see" Amanda the receptionist said while giving me an amused look. She was a cute girl with short blonde hairs, who only looked innocent from outside but in reality she wasn't at all. You must be thinking how did I know? Well....because she was one of my best friends. Yeah you heard it right one of because the other one was-

"I saw her running like as if her ass was on fire. I thought she wouldn't be able to make it but she did sadly." My other best friend Bianca said to Amanda & sighed dramatically as if she was sad. Drama queen!

"Yeah I did and you must be so jealous right now aren't you? Because you've that being late more than once in a week warning whilst I don't!" I said smugly to which she stucked her tongue out like a kid.

"Ok you two kids back to work! We've patients to look after." Amanda said trying to look intimidating but failed miserably when this time both Bianca & I stucked our tongues out at her playfully. Childish we are! Ikr.

While I worked as a nurse, Bianca on the other hand was a dietitian. Her work was basically to design preferred diet plans for the patients according to their diseases along with giving diet counselling to those in need. My work as a nurse on the other hand was to treat the patients, like regularly checking onto their reports, giving them their medicines on time, helping doctors with the tests, etc. Basically being a nurse was probably being a doctor without degree because working all the time under doctors gives you enough knowledge.

Though a thought of being a doctor once came into my mind but then I ended up being a nurse because I thought if I became a doctor I wouldn't get to treat & help the patients the way I could get by being a nurse. So here I was working my dream job and I was very satisfied with it.

Bianca was already wearing her white lab coat so I went towards the changing room for staffs to get changed into my nurse uniform which wasn't a white tight skirt with an even tight shirt and a small headcover on the head the way they shows in those kinds of films if you know what I mean. It was a light blue color pants called scrubs & a same color shirt on which the logo of the hospital was printed.