73. *Reality*

Massimo's P.O.V

From how hard I had been clenching my jaw, it was surprising I didn't break it yet. Right now I was in my office room, with De Luca whom I had been wanting to hit so hard ever since that bastard opened his mouth at the dining table, and my padre who again came unannounced.

After what had happened yesterday night during dinner, after seeing her face, her expressions, the look in her eyes, I didn't get to see her. She had left right afterwards, before she could cry in front of all. I wanted to follow after her, but De Luca was there who had already been watching everything with keen interest, and thus I didn't run after her because I didn't want De Luca to know that she was someone special to me.

When during night, after dinner I had tried to visit her room, she didn't respond to me. I had known she wouldn't entertain my presence anymore. As if that not saying I love you back wasn't enough, now she'd hate me even more. Just so fucking great!

My already brooding mood had gone 10 times more brooding and sour. And on top of that when today I woke up, I got a call from Enzo about my padre's arrival. I wasn't sure as to why he decided to visit, but I kinda figured it was related to the damn deal.

"It's so nice to finally have you here." De Luca said to my padre who in return just gave him a curt nod.

"Likewise Roberto." He simply replied, his eyes moving towards me. "I appreciate you coming here but I need to talk to my son...alone." At this De Luca so wanted to object, it was clear on his face but he unfortunately couldn't do it. So, after looking in between padre and I, he finally left leaving us alone.

"Take a seat mio figlio." He motioned towards the seat in front of him. Currently he was sitting on the head chair that was mine. But since he was here, like always he'd go and sit on my seat.
(my son)

"I'm fine standing here dad." I replied. "Why don't you begin with as to what you want to talk to me about...alone." I came straight to the point.

His eyes were fixed on me. His expressions were calm. He was calm as if nothing was wrong, and it kind of infuriated me. Because how could he be so chill, while I was on the verge of losing my shit.

"I know you want to end the deal." That made me to look at him. I looked at him, straight in the eyes. Trying to see if he was doing some joke, or was just making fun of my misery. But when I saw complete seriousness in his eyes, I didn't know how to respond.

"What?" Was all I could say. 'He knows I want to end the deal? But how?' I thought in my head.

"You don't want to fulfil the deal. You don't want to marry Roberto's daughter, right?" He exclaimed, now looking at me with some sort of humour in his eyes.

With my clenched jaw, I replied, "Well...if you knew I wanted to end the deal, then why did you not do it that day, when I talked to you over the call?!"

Looking at me with a smirk, he said, "Because I wanted to see it by myself."

"See what by yourself?" I asked now getting irritated. 'Why does he always makes things difficult for me?!'

"This....the way you are behaving right now." He simply answered. "I wanted to see this. I wanted to see how bad my son has gotten himself into the drama." He then chuckled.