54. *Surprise Visit*

Maya's P.O.V

I was lying on the bed, facing the ceiling, with thoughts running inside my head. Just then I heard the faint knocking on my bedroom door. With a sigh I got up into a sitting position.

"Can I come in tesoro?" I heard Enzo's calm yet a little desperate voice. I didn't respond and just sat there in silence.

The thing was, I didn't want to talk to anyone just yet. I wasn't ready to have any kind of talk with them. So, I decided to just be inside my room.

With another faint knock, I heard Enzo sighing, "I know you're awake tesoro." I still didn't respond. "And I also know that you know the truth." I looked at the door as if I could see Enzo's guilty face through it.

"I know that you're probably upset with me and I don't blame you." He continued saying. "But let me atleast in, so that I can make things right."

***
I sighed as Enzo came by for the nth time outside my room. Everytime he'd come and say the same thing, but I stayed on my words and didn't let him inside the room. At one point, I did feel like I should just open the door and let him inside. Let him tell his side of the story, let him explain. But this time I wouldn't be vulnerable.

I looked up at the wall clock that showed the time 2:30 p.m. in the afternoon. My eyes darted towards the door space from where I could see the retreating shadow of Enzo's figure. He was probably done waiting for me to open the door and was going back. Good for him because I really wasn't going to let him inside and talk, atleast not yet.

***
I yawned as I slowly opened my eyes from the peaceful slumber I had fallen into. Another yawn escaped my lips as I realised that I must've fallen asleep. My eyes went up to look at the wall clock to see that it was now almost 4 in the afternoon. I stretched my limbs as I got up from the bed and went inside the washroom to pee.

My steps halted as I walked out of the washroom to see a tray of food covered with a lid, laying on the side of the bed.

I furrowed my eyebrows as I tried to remember if that tray was there before. And if not, then from where did that tray come from?

I looked around the room and then towards the door. I checked the doorknob. It was still locked. I walked towards the tray of food. Lifting the lid, I saw a plate of freshly cut fruits, a glass of juice and a sandwich. My eyes then fell upon a piece of folded paper, placed in the corner of the tray.

Picking up that paper, I unfolded it to see that something was written on it.

"You haven't eaten anything since you arrived. So, this is for you. Eat." It was all that was written on it. I put the paper aside and took the tray of food & sat down on the bed.

If the door had some other way to open than why did Enzo just not get inside? Why did he want my approval to get inside? 'There's no way Massimo would put this tray of food here.' I mentally scoffed. It was probably Enzo then.
I shrugged it away. Whatever it was. Good thing, I didn't have to go out of the room for food now.

Massimo's P.O.V

"I've placed the tray of food just like you ordered boss." Said Enzo in his hard, calculative tone.