86. *Fake Kidnapping*

OMNISCIENT

Maya had to blink her eyes, she even looked away from the woman who was now standing in front of her, and when Maya looked back she was still there, looking at Maya with longing in her eyes.

'Am I dreaming? Am I still unconscious & this is just a dream?' Maya thought to herself as she kept looking at the woman.

Maya had only been 10 when her mother had just disappeared from her life, but she had been old enough to remember her mother's face. So, now that Maya was looking at this woman who looked like her mother, she couldn't believe her eyes.

The woman could see realization swirling in Maya's eyes, but was waiting for Maya to speak up first. She was dying to go near her, to caress her face and hold Maya in her arms. After all she was seeing her daughter after years.

For a moment, Maya also wanted to rush towards her mom and hug her tightly. But then she got reminded how this woman had left her behind, all alone, without any explanation and that too when she had been only 10.

Any emotion that she might have been showing through her eyes, Maya threw that all away and then an emotionless look that she had only seen on Massimo's face mostly, took over her face.

"Who are you?" Maya simply asked, trying not to give how shaken up with emotions she was from the inside.

Sophia knew, she could tell her daughter wasn't too happy on see her mother after years, and she didn't blame her. It was what Sophia had to do at that time, so she blamed the time and her circumstances.

Taking a step towards where Maya was sitting on the bed, Sophia sent a small smile her way. "I know you're upset with me." She began. "Or maybe angry or both." Maya only gave her a plain look, but listened to what she had to say to her after all these years.

"Why would I be upset with you? I don't even know you." Maya said, keeping her facade. From the outside, she was trying to keep a calm composure, but from the inside she was anything but calm.

Sighing, Sophia sat down on the edge of the bed, keeping a safe distance from Maya because she figured Maya wouldn't like her being any closer.
"I totally get it. I get it that you probably don't want to look at me right now, that you probably have a lot of hatred towards me."

"I only show any emotion towards someone who's my friend or family." Maya then said. "And you're none."
"So why would I hate you."

Sophia had prepared herself for this conversation with her daughter, but still hearing such words coming out of her mouth, it did break her heart a little.

"You've all the right to behave this way my dear. I don't blame you." Sophia said but got interrupted as Maya let out a scoff. "Of course why would you blame me? It's yourself that you should be blaming."

Maya had been trying to keep her calm, but even she was just a human. "After all it was you, who left a 10 year old kid all alone. It was you who didn't even think about what would happen to her afterwards. It was you who just disappeared like she meant nothing, like I meant nothing!"

Maya was on the verge of crying by then, overpowered by her emotions.
"Do you have any idea what all things I had to go through, just because you didn't have it in you to look after your only child!" Her voice raised a little in the end. "And so you just left me, all alone by myself and never looked back!"