58. *An Almost Confession?*

Maya's P.O.V

I could hear slight noises in the background. I could also hear annoying beeping sound of the monitor. I could also smell somewhat familiar smell making me realise the place I was in. But I was confused as to what I was doing in a hospital.

I tried to move my limbs and open my eyes to see, but when I couldn't do so I finally realised that I was the patient. But how did I end up being a patient? And that's when the clip of what had happened started playing inside my head.

I was lying unconscious but in my head I was conscious. I could hear the slight noises and people talking in the background, but I couldn't quite make up as to what they were saying. It was more like murmuring.

"Doctor, do you think she'll be fine?" Was all I heard before I fell into darkness.

***
It was probably my hundredth attempt on moving my limbs and to get out of my unconscious state. Everyime I tried doing so, I'd not get any success. But I was not going to give up. I'd keep trying until I atleast made slight progress.

***
I was about to almost give up and let the doctors and medicines do their job in waking me up, when all of a sudden I heard a very familiar voice. And what surprised/shocked me was that even in a hospital like place that man was yelling on god knows whom and for what unnecessary reason.

I was worried about him since he and Hana were also with me in the car during the accident. But hearing him yelling made it clear that he was more than fine. I just hoped Hana was fine as well.

I was thinking all this that I didn't even realise when I had clenched my fist and moved my body a bit. I didn't notice it but maybe the nurse present there did because right after that I sensed presence near me. They were probably noticing the change in monitor reading because of my movements.
'Wondering how I know all this? Well..I hope you all still remember that I'm a nurse. Duh.'

Massimo's P.O.V

I followed right after the doctor as he made his way inside Maya's room. As I stepped inside, the doctor glanced back at me but didn't dare to say anything.

"Doctor I think she's about to get out of her unconscious state." Said the nurse. Whataver response the doctor gave after, I didn't hear that because my eyes were now on her. There she was lying so peacefully with her eyes closed. But I knew she was anything but peaceful at that time. Covered with all those bandages and the tube going through her nose, looking at all those things made my heart boiled with rage and anger!

'Someone innocent like her doesn't deserve to be in a condition like this!' I thought in mind as I promised myself that I'd make the person behind this pay for their deeds.

Clearing of throat made me look towards the doctor who was now looking at me but wasn't saying anything, so I asked him instead. "How much more is it going to take for her to wake up?"

He cleared his throat once again before saying, "Well, we just observed slight movement which is a good sign." He paused and then continued, "But, because of internal bleeding if she doesn't show any improvement in next 15 hours..." This time when he paused he looked at me with fear before saying, "t-then there's a 50% chance for her to go in coma."