44. *Business Dinner*

Massimo's P.O.V

'Idiota!' I thought in mind as I glared at Enzo. What was he thinking? He wanted me to go out on a business dinner with Maya? Knowing very well that I couldn't let her find out about what I actually did in real!

Now, to be honest I wouldn't mind going out with her and spend some time but I just couldn't do it! Even if I wanted to I just couldn't! No, I would not! I shouldn't!

I had already gone rebel against my mind by getting myself this much attached to her. No! I couldn't afford to take whatever it was anymore further. I had decided to keep my distance from her as much as possible. I just needed to take care of Ivanov and eliminate any danger that was over Maya. Once it was done I'd let her go. Away from here....away from me.

'Easier said than done!' My subconscious mind was right but I'd not put her in anymore danger that she already was in! I was the one who had brought her into all this mess and now I'd get her out of this safely. She was pure and innocent. She didn't deserve any of this. I couldn't even think about any harm coming to her especially because of me.

But keeping my distance from her would be difficult since she lived under the same roof, so I was bound to see her now and then. Not to forget how her mere look was enough to make me fall on my knees. Even now as she was standing there beside me, I had to control myself to not pull her towards me and kiss the living daylights out of her!

"You there?" I came out of my thoughts as Enzo's obnoxious voice called for me.

"Business dinner you say?" I asked referring to what he had said just a while ago. "Alright. But I can always just go on my own." I shrugged nonchalantly. "We are going to discuss business there anyway, so company or no company, it doesn't matter." I was aware of Maya looking at me from her peripheral vision but I put no attention to it.

Enzo was about to say something when I interrupted him, "Now if you'll excuse me, I've work to do." And with that I walked away from there.

***

It was later that evening, I was getting ready for the business dinner that Enzo had mentioned earlier. I meant it when I'd said that I could go on my own at the dinner if I wanted to because no one would even dare to question me. But I still had a certain way to do things and I would always do it how they were supposed to be done.

Now, if I wanted to I could've taken Maya with me because this one business dinner wasn't related to my illegal work, but I wasn't sure if taking her with me would be a good idea. I didn't want to put her under the spotlight and get unwanted attention. I also was in no mood of taking Sabrina with me. I had noticed her absence in the mansion ever since that incident but I didn't put any attention to it. It wasn't as if I cared. I had much more important things in my life.

So I was left with no option but to ask for an appropriate escort for the dinner. Someone professional and not clinging. I had asked Enzo for this and I hoped this time he'd do it without using his over-extra unnecessary mind.

I looked myself in the mirror when I was all done and walked out of the room. As I descended downstairs I found Enzo standing there waiting for me probably.

"You found the escort?" I asked him.

"I sure did." He replied cockily. Annoying ragazzo.