95. *I'm Here For You*

OMNISCIENT

Maya groggily woke up from her nap, rubbing her eyes in the process. She could hear faint voices coming from outside. She frowned wondering who it could be. Since it was only her mom and herself in the house, that meant someone must've arrived while she was asleep.

Maya looked down at her attire, she was still in her pyjamas. Not caring how she looked like, she simply went to the washroom to pee and then walked out after washing her face with some water. Her hairs were all tangled because of keeping them open, so she gathered them up in a messy bun while making her way out of her room.

Being oblivious to who was currently sitting with her mom, she nonchalantly continued her way out, but as she got closer to the living room she could feel something different in the air.

Her steps slowed down just a few feets away from them. Maya could see her mom since she was sitting on the couch facing her. Maya could also very well see that someone was sitting in front of her mom, but because of their back to her, Maya couldn't see their face. But from the look of it she could clearly tell that it was a man.

By now in her heart she had figured out who it could possibly be, but her brain didn't want to believe it and so she stood there on her spot, looking at the back of his head.

Sophia was the first to see Maya, she looked up and sure enough Maya was rooted on her spot, staring at Massimo's back. By looking at her daughter, Sophia could tell that Maya knew who was currently sitting in her living room.

It didn't take long for Massimo to notice that Sophia was now looking at someone behind him. And the faint noises of footsteps coming his way earlier proved that he was right.

She's here...

Massimo's fist got tight as he gripped the couch he was sitting on with all his strength, to not to turn around and leap out towards her. He had to keep his calm, no matter how hard it was for him, to keep his hands to himself after not seeing her for months, he knew he shouldn't do it. Because while he didn't have his heart broken, Maya had. Even if it had been just a facade, Maya had been hurt, was still probably hurt. And so Massimo had to prepare himself for what was coming. He knew she wouldn't go easy on him at all.

"You're up sweetie." Sophia said, looking at her daughter with a hesitant smile.

Maya's eyes moved to her mother and the look on her mom's face gave it all. She took a shaky breath, still not being able to move from her spot. Her eyes involuntarily moving back to him.

He's here...

Massimo stood up from his spot, still facing away from her. He gathered all his courage and sighed heavily before finally turning around to look at the woman carrying his baby.

Maya felt like watching some movie scene when he stood up. In a slow-motion he turned around, keeping his eyes down at first but when he looked up and their eyes met, Maya felt an invisible blow hitting her body.

It wasn't any different with Massimo as well. He gulped inaudibly as his eyes finally got to see her. For a moment he literally forgot to breath, because he was so focused on capturing her with his eyes. To him she looked so different and yet the same.