53. *Upset them both!*

OMNISCIENCE
(No one's p.o.v.)

Next morning, when Maya woke up she found the side of the bed next to her empty. With the memories of last night coming into pieces slowly, she then realised why she was alone and also the slight hurt that she all of a sudden started to feel inside her heart.

After doing her morning business, Maya walked out of the room and towards the living room where she found Mr. & Mrs. Greco arguing like always. On seeing Maya, they stopped their banter and focused their attention on her.

Mrs. Greco smiled widely at her to which Maya smiled back, trying not to show how she was not feeling well from inside. Mrs. Greco being the smart lady she was, noticed that something was off but decided not to say anything about it.

Throughout the breakfast and also the time after, Massimo's absence did not set well with Maya but she chose not to say anything, and besides she didn't know Italian so she couldn't make any sort of conversation with them.

***
While Maya was having breakfast inside, Massimo was outside, riding Hades for one last time before going back to his mansion.

The whole night, after that conversation with Maya, Massimo stayed up all night in the living room. It wasn't as if he didn't want to sleep, but the sleep wasn't just coming so he had to stay up all night.

Last night, whatever Massimo had said might've been cruel and definitely hurt Maya, but Massimo believed that it was the right thing to do contrary to what his heart was saying.

Maya's P.O.V

I hugged Mrs. Greco as we bid our goodbyes to each other. After doing breakfast, I found Massimo already waiting for me by the jeep in which we had arrived here yesterday.

I didn't look at him and just went straight towards the passenger seat. Soon after Massimo sat inside as well and then we were on the road towards the mansion.

The whole ride went quiet. It was a little awkward and weird because of what had happened the night before, but none of us made any move to talk or say anything.

The moment we reached the mansion and the jeep halted, I immediately stepped out of it and without giving any single glance towards his direction, I made my way inside, trying to just go to my room. But someone's voice calling my name made me to halt in my steps.

"Look who's back after a night out." Enzo's voice was as usual mischievous, but his teasing this time didn't make me feel anything since my mind was preoccupied by other things.

I just wanted to go inside my room and not have any kind of conversation with anyone especially about the night out. But since it was Enzo, I didn't want to be mean so I turned around to look at him. He was now just a few steps away from me, standing in front with his mischievous smirk on his face. But it soon fell when I gave him a small smile that was probably looking like a forced one.

"Everything alright tesoro?" Enzo asked just before I heard footsteps and soon after Massimo also stepped inside the mansion.

My eyes on their own fell on him and I found his eyes on me already but then he moved his gaze away from me as if he didn't want me to know that he was looking at me.