56. *Accident*

Massimo's P.O.V

After the dinner, Mr. Lee requested that we should have a drink or so before going to our rooms. He also said that he had something important to tell me as well. So, there we were in my office room with a glass of scotch in our hands.

"She looks like a nice girl." Said Mr. Lee as he took a sip from his glass.
Acting oblivious, I took a sip as well and didn't respond to what he said.

"Maya...that's what her name is, right?" I could sense curiosity in his voice but again I acted uninterested.

"So what is it that you wanted to tell?" I asked, obviously not wanting to talk about her. "You said it was something important."

Giving out a chuckle, he placed his glass on the table and got relaxed in his seat. "I was coming on to that after talking about her." There was a smirk like smile on his face. "But it is obvious that you don't want to talk about her, so let's come to the important topic." His voice got a little serious in the end.

Putting my glass on the table as well, I looked at him, waiting for him to begin with this important topic.

"I wasn't that old when I got involved in this world of mafia." He said while looking into the distance. "I was young, just like how you were when you entered this line." Sighing he continued, "But unlike you, I wasn't a ruthless, cold-hearted bastard, no offence." I didn't take any because he was right.

"I fell in love, I got married, I had a baby & then she left the baby and me bla bla....you know the story." He said giving out a humour less chuckle. "But it never mattered because I had Hana with me, have always been." There was this twinkle in his eyes when he mentioned his daughter.

"I love my daughter more than anything in this world." He said with a smile. "She's the most precious thing to me. To say she is the only reason I'm sane, won't be a lie."

Now I started feeling curious as to why he was telling me what I already knew. What was this something important ?

"I have been diagnosed with brain tumor." At this my eyes looked up at him to see him still looking in the distance. "I found out about it last month." I was about to say something but he continued, "Before you ask, the doctor said it can't be treated because it's somewhere from where it can't be removed. If they do it, I will die during the surgery."

"Did you consult from all the best doctors?" I asked.

"Yep, all of them." He answered.

"What about Japan? I know a few good doctors from there who are good in what they do."

"Japan, Greece, Australia, USA, you name it. I've consulted all of them. My case is rare. All of them gave me the same answer." He said.

"Look, the reason why I'm telling you this is because I trust no one and I mean nobody, not even my men when it comes to Hana. You know how she is." He started. "I've always looked after her and she has no one other than me." Sighing, he continued, "I used to think that one day she'd find a man before I die and then I wouldn't have to worry about her. But now, I-I don't have enough time and she has definitely not found that person yet with whom I can trust her."