1. *My Past*

Maya's P.O.V

I was returning back home from the hospital after completing my shift as a nurse when all of a sudden it started raining. I groaned irritatingly. Great just what I needed! I thought in my mind. I usually drove to work in my car but yesterday I accidentally crashed my car into a pole. Stupid, I know. So I had to take my car to the mechanic and he told me to wait for a day or two to get my car fully repaired.

Usually when I drove in my car the weather would always be sunny and there would be no ounce of dark clouds in the sky. But now when I didn't have my car with me and was walking down the road to get to the bus station, the rain decided to come. So lucky of me!

I rushed my steps towards the bus station so that I could get in the bus in time and saved myself from soaking in the rain. The rain started falling heavily even more and I was almost soaking in the rain water by then. Thankfully, I reached the bus in time as it was just about to leave.

When I stepped inside the bus I was literally panting and my clothes & hairs were all drenched in water. Some passengers gave me sympathetic look while some gave me weird glances. I was probably looking like a wet pussy.

After around 15 minutes my stop came and I stepped out of the bus. It was still raining outside but it was lighter than before. The walk from the bus station towards where I lived wasn't that long it was only a 5 minutes walk.

The place where I lived was a building of 10 apartments. It wasn't like the rich, classic and posh but it was simple yet beautiful. I lived on the 2nd apartment as I was scared of heights and the owner of the building was sweet enough to give me the apartment on the 2nd floor. Because I worked as a nurse in a well reputed and city's best hospital my salary was very good that I could easily afford living in an apartment on my own. I only had to take care of myself and my expenses weren't that high. So yeah I was living my life well! or so I thought....

As I reached inside the building I took the elevator to reach my apartment floor. Usually I used stairs as it wasn't that high but because I was soaking wet and just wanted to change myself into some warm dry clothes I ditched the stairs. The elevator ringed as it reached the floor to my apartment. I walked out of it and literally ran towards the door of the apartment. I unlocked the door and got inside. The weather outside was cold and because of the rain it was even more chilly. I was freezing cold by then because of the drenched clothes. I raised the temperature of the heater and rushed towards my room while removing each clothe article on my way.

I sighed as I got changed into my warm & comfy clothes. I was wearing a gray & white full sleeves t-shirt and pyjama shorts.

 I was wearing a gray & white full sleeves t-shirt and pyjama shorts