38. *Back To Italy*

Maya's P.O.V

We had been sitting inside the car for half an hour but neither Liam nor Massimo had come out yet. I now started to worry about them. I asked Enzo as to what's taking them so long to which he assured me that they'd be fine. I was still restless but I couldn't do anything other than waiting so I kept quiet.

Soon I heard running footsteps and as I looked out of the car I saw men coming out. For a moment I thought what if it was Dino's men but then I saw a familiar face among those men, Liam he was there. As my eyes looked around to see another familiar face my eyes landed on him. Even from the distance I could see his clenched jaw and fists.

Enzo immediately stepped out of the car and walked towards the front seat. The car door opened and Massimo got settled beside me. From my peripheral vision I saw all other men occupying the other 2 cars in which they had arrived. The cars started and we left from there. Fortunately & surprisingly none of Dino's men followed us and soon we were away from his mansion.

From the corner of my eyes I saw Massimo sitting beside me with rigid posture. His jaw was still clenching and it was as if he was angry.

"You alright?" I softly asked as I looked at him. I noticed him loosing his fists and he took a breath before saying, "I should be the one asking you this, you were kidnapped not me."

"I'm fine. But it was you who was fighting with Dino." As I said Dino's name I felt his body getting rigid again.

He didn't say anything to that and I thought he didn't want to talk about it but then he suddenly asked, "Did he do anything with you?" The way he said that it was obvious what he meant by anything.

I bit my lower lip as I thought about when Dino had almost forced himself on me and the other times when he had said inappropriate things to me.

"I might look like I'm fragile but I'm strong enough to somehow handle these type of situations." I answered instead of telling him about what Dino had done or tried to do.

"Did he or did he not do anything with you?" This time his voice was hard as he repeated his question.

Before I could answer him the car came to a stop. I thanked the Lord as Enzo came to my side and opened the car door for me.

"Oh we are going to travel by plane?" I asked as I tried to divert the topic. I stepped outside and saw a private plane. It was the same plane in which Massimo had kidnapped me to Italy the first time. As I thought about that day it surprised me how so much had happened so far. How I was so adamant of freeing myself from Massimo's grip when he had kidnapped me and now he was the one who saved me from someone else's grip!

"Ofcourse! Or were you expecting us to travel by car from Russia to Italy?" Enzo joked as we started walking towards the plane.

As I was walking I could feel a pair of dark brown eyes on me. I didn't have to turn to see who it was!

"You got us all worried." I turned my head and my eyes meet with a pair of familiar ocean blue eyes. Liam was smiling lightly at me. He looked kinda relieved.

"Wasn't my intention. But it's nice to know that you people care about me." I said with a smile.

"Ofcourse we do tesoro!" Came Enzo's voice. "But not more than one particular someone." He said under his breath but I heard him nonetheless. My stupid heart fluttered at the possibility of the meaning behind his words.