76. *Other Daughter*

Omniscience

Call it mother's instinct or just some delusion, but when late Kaya's mother Sophia saw the picture of this girl who looked alike her dead daughter, she knew it was none other than her other daughter. The daughter she had lost years ago when she had returned back to Russia.

Sophia was a russian by birth. She had no family, she was an orphan. One day she almost had gotten into the clutches of some wrong people, but that day luck was on her side because there she had met Viktor Petrov, who was now her husband. Long story short, Viktor had saved her life and later they two fell in love. They had married each other and also gave birth to twin daughters later on. Yes, the one twin daughter was Kaya. Now you must be thinking what happened to the other twin then?

Well, since we all know Viktor's brother Hektor had always been jealous of his brother, he one day tried to end his brother's life for real. He was an adult back then and had wanted to end Viktor so that he could get everything that their parents had left behind for them.

So, one day while Sophia was playing with her other daughter in their front yard and her husband Viktor was inside with Kaya, all of a sudden a blast went throughout their house. At that time all Sophia could see was flames of fire erupting from every corner of their house. Everything was on flames. She had wanted to go inside the house to look for her husband and Kaya, but she also had her other daughter with her and since the house was on fire she had to get out in order to protect her.

So, putting a stone over her heart, she had left her husband and Kaya inside the burning house. She had cried the entire night, mourning at the loss of her husband and daughter. Now, she had no one left with her besides her other daughter. She had known as to who could be behind that fire incident and that's why she had decided to escape from Russia, so that she could protect whatever was left of her family.

She had managed to escape from Russia, with the help of some money that Viktor had saved for them in case of emergency. She had wanted to go as far away as she could from Russian and that's why she had chose America.

She was with a baby and had no known or familiar face in the new city. It wasn't just some other city but an entirely different country. Good thing she had known how to speak in English, so communication wasn't a problem. Soon she had found a job for her. It wasn't anything big but the money she was getting was enough for fulfilling her daughter's and her basic needs.

She had finally started to have a different life, a new life. Although she would miss her husband and her daughter Kaya, but she had accepted the bitter truth of never seeing them again. But the reality was entirely different.

One day she was working when she had been approached by this guy named Mark. She had seen him earlier a lot. He would always come by where she was working, which was a diner. He'd come by and order the same thing. Sometimes it would be Sophia serving him, or sometimes someone else. But she had always noticed his eyes wandering towards her.

At first, in the beginning she was hesitant, obviously because of her past and where she had come from. But soon she realised that she had her whole life in front of her, and maybe for her daughter she should try meeting new people.

Long story short, Mark had then started to come by her diner more often. Sophia would sometimes exchange a few pleasantries with him. Then one day when he had asked her out on a date, she couldn't refuse. Though her heart was still somewhere beating for her one & only love Viktor. But she had decided to move on she was willing to give it a try.