93. *Baby Daddy*

OMNISCIENT

With furrowed eyebrows, Massimo waited for Liam to explain. Congratulations? What did he mean by that, Massimo thought to himself.

"I see you're confused." Liam began. "Don't be. You'll find out soon."

Massimo had had enough. "Look Liam, the only reason why I let you talk all the nonsense so far, is because I wanted to know. I really wanted to." He breathed heavily. "But now you're just messing with me to the next level." He shot Liam a dark look. "So, I suggest you better behave or get out of here if you've nothing more to say."

Liam let out a chuckle. "Calm down capo." He then said. "God, I wonder what Maya will do if her baby is even half rude and angry as you." And then he let out yet another chuckle as if he hadn't just said that to Massimo.

For a few seconds, it didn't register Massimo what Liam actually said. But then his mind picked up two words out of what Liam just said, 'her baby'. While Liam was chuckling, Massimo felt his entire being frozen in its spot. He couldn't believe his ears, there's definitely something wrong with him as what he just heard couldn't be true....could it?

His Adam's apple moved as he gulped inaudibly. His eyes were on Liam who was now giving him a smirk.

"I swear to god Liam, don't joke-" Before he could complete, Liam interrupted him. "I am not joking, Massimo." He then said. "She is pregnant."

Massimo looked at him for a long time and once he was sure Liam wasn't really joking, he took a shaky, deep breath, his body leaning backwards in his chair.
Maya is..... pregnant....He thought to himself as his mind went back to that day he had made love to her. He remembered not using any condom, thinking he'd be able to pull out on time.

Maya is carrying....his baby....The thought came to his mind, causing his heart to beat differently.

"H-How far along is she?" Massimo finally managed to pull out some words out of his mouth.

"Well, I didn't ask her that my bad." Liam exclaimed. "But I do remember Bianca mentioning, how it was only a matter of a few weeks until she'd be showing a baby bump."

Baby bump....Two harmless words and yet hearing them caused a tsunami of feelings inside Massimo's heart.

All of a sudden a vivid image of Maya smiling at him with her one hand caressing her baby bump, while her other hand reaching out for him, came to his mind and involuntarily a smile made its way onto his lips.

"Back to Earth Baby Daddy." Liam said, bringing Massimo out of his day dream.

"How is she?" Although Massimo had already asked him that, but after finding out about her being pregnant, he couldn't help but to worry about her health even more. "I mean is she healthy? Is she taking good care of herself?"

"Like I already said, she's fine." Liam answered. "She is a responsible person and knows what's good for her baby."

Hearing that wasn't enough for Massimo. He felt this sudden urge to go see her by himself.

"Physically she's fine, but mentally..." Liam then said. "...she looked tired."

"Was she working?" Massimo asked. "Her job, is she still doing that?"